The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

we want to re-carpet the bedrooms. But the thought of having to move everything out prevents us from pulling the trigger.
That's why I've delayed. Finally decided that if we picked one out and got a date for install, it would force the issue. Of course, now we have stuff from the storage shed where I need to put the bedroom stuff. So that project can't be put off either. I suppose it's either this or having to clear snow for a few months.

We’ve tried the slow-elimination pile on a few things. Unfortunately it never works, we’ve ended up with warnings from the city each time, despite the fact that the other 90% of the year, we had one of the best kept properties on our street.
Luckily, I'm the only one that will ever see the stuff piled next to the house. But it makes me feel like I'm living in a trailer park.

My wife keeps our yard looking very nice all the time. About 8 months ago we had some large items needing to be picked up so we started a pile by the street. The pile was all of 2 days old waiting for a pickup when a city guy (neighbor) stopped and warned my wife to have the stuff gone asap or else. I thought my wife was going to rip the guy a new rear end when she lit into him.

My wife keeps our yard looking very nice all the time. About 8 months ago we had some large items needing to be picked up so we started a pile by the street. The pile was all of 2 days old waiting for a pickup when a city guy (neighbor) stopped and warned my wife to have the stuff gone asap or else. I thought my wife was going to rip the guy a new rear end when she lit into him.
That's awesome. Get em!

Yes this is one reason code enforcement is so strict in my neighborhood. Any pile in the area...shoot even on little bit of something sitting out for a pick up, and within a day or two the pile will have grown 5 fold at least from people driving by and throwing stuff onto it. They just don’t want to be the first one to do it.

I do Have a 1964 Ford truck grill hanging on my shop that has the headlights wired as the flood lights for that path ?

This is pretty awesome!

We've had a few pieces of furniture that we’ve gotten rid of and everytime we call the township for a special pickup. They put us on the schedule whenever we call but they always tell us that it’ll probably be gone by the time they get there. Everytime we’ve done it someone has trash picked the item within an hour of us putting it out at the curb!

This is pretty awesome!

We've had a few pieces of furniture that we’ve gotten rid of and everytime we call the township for a special pickup. They put us on the schedule whenever we call but they always tell us that it’ll probably be gone by the time they get there. Everytime we’ve done it someone has trash picked the item within an hour of us putting it out at the curb!
I've actually had an electric mower, edger and leaf blower out with a free sign on them for 2 days. I'm a little surprised someone didn't get them just to throw in a garage sale.

This is pretty awesome!

Note to self...dumpster dive Steve’s. He has good garbage.

:: wonders if it's cheaper to send junk to Steve than pay dump fees ::

2019 shave #23 (DE:13 SE:3 Str:7 Cart:0) - 173 days of consecutive shaving
THB SR-71 w/ Feather (2)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
TOBS Jermyn Street
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
TOBS Jermyn Street EdP

I was thinking the many people love PdP 63, I'm not sure why I don't see Jermyn Street used by more people. I think if you like one, you'll like the other.

I miss London.

I've actually had an electric mower, edger and leaf blower out with a free sign on them for 2 days. I'm a little surprised someone didn't get them just to throw in a garage sale.
People usually pick up whatever we put by the street, probably for that very reason. We had some TV's out by the street (we don't have curb and gutter) that nobody would touch. Until I put a sign saying $5 each. Only after putting the $5 sign up did someone "sneak" up and grab two of them. They were in such a hurry trying not to be caught they left the remotes.

2019 shave #24 (DE:13 SE:3 Str:8 Cart:0) - 174 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Plisoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
Storybook Soapworks Hook
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Storybook Soapworks Hook AS

Well I read Mike's SOTD and decided I'd have a stellar shave too. Can't say it enough. It's awesome to have many soaps that you wish you used more. Hook is as if you took the gun powder out of GTB and s
weetened it a touch. Good stuff. I hit the right marks and got BBS just with the SS! No alum sting. And I followed along with KJ and Don and hit up the AS a second time. I'd say everything is right as rain, but there's no rain here. Not even fog this morning.

Back