The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Won't get shot from me Dave. I was kind of hesitant to say the same thing about my brush from Eric. I had him put a TGN knot in it and it is excellent. Better than my Shavemac, worlds above the Simpsons I have tried, and better than my Paladin. (Haven't tried an SV yet though.)

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Paladin, but the TGN is definitely a nicer knot. Very dense (more-so than the Paladin I have) without being stiff, yet still has an extremely soft feel on the face. Definitely going to be the knot I put in the handle I won from the monkey and graydog when I can get one.

I had that Kaboom soap/AS set in my cart and kept putting off ordering....now it’s sold out lol. I was really just taking a chance on a sale item so I’m not that bummed about it, but I’m blaming you for taking the last one ???

SV better than Paladin? Sounds like sacrilege around here!
1f60b.png
I don't have either so I can't comment. But I will say that those SV brushes are lookers.

I had that Kaboom soap/AS set in my cart and kept putting off ordering....now it’s sold out lol. I was really just taking a chance on a sale item so I’m not that bummed about it, but I’m blaming you for taking the last one
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
So I say you're welcome for saving you money?

Saturday's shave:

2019 shave #19 (DE:11 SE:3 Str:5 Cart:0) - 169 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Brush of Shame
Oleo Soapworks Humanitas
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1

Sunday's shave:

2019 shave #20 (DE:11 SE:3 Str:6 Cart:0) - 170 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Sorrentino Oregon State
?
Alum
Witch Hazel

2019 shave #21 (DE:11 SE:3 Str:7 Cart:0) - 171 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Pro (3)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
A&E Grecian Horse
Alum
Witch Hazel
A&E Grecian Horse AS

Today I moved the Feather Pro blade from the RX into the SS so give it a whirl. Here is how the shave went:

1st pass - WOW, is this thing smooth and sharp. Sliding right across the face. I guess this is the best blade for me to use with the SS. I'm going to have to order more of these. This shave is
going to be great!

2nd pass - I wish I was making a video today. This would be a great shave to share. Wait a minute... Getting to feel a little close. I need to be careful here to not make myself raw.

3rd pass - Oooph, it's stinging just putting the lather on. This is going to be a rough shave in the end. Neck is feeling pretty raw, no clean-up today. This blade is just a bit too much for my skin.

And yep, the alum lit me up all over. I do have a nice BBS on the cheeks, but not the neck because I didn't dare to any extra strokes down there. The Feather Pro is getting cut for not being a team player.

Sorry the Pros didn't work for you. Curious of the Soap for Sundays shave where you put a ? mark. Couldn't remember or is it a secret ?

Sorry the Pros didn't work for you. Curious of the Soap for Sundays shave where you put a ? mark. Couldn't remember or is it a secret ?
LOL, I couldn't remember! Ugh! At least when I get Alzheimers I won't even know it!

Geez I was behind all caught up now. Earthquakes? They keep saying the BIG one will hit us soon. Been saying that forever though! But it is something we worry about.

Geez I was behind all caught up now. Earthquakes? They keep saying the BIG one will hit us soon. Been saying that forever though! But it is something we worry about.
The big one is hitting you guys? That's good to know! Now I don't have to worry about it.

How was the reduction after the first pass with the SS/Pro? I’m telling ya 1-2 passes SS, final + clean up with your DE of favor...best of both worlds.

2019 shave #22 (DE:12 SE:3 Str:7 Cart:0) - 172 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Alum
Witch Hazel
Mark Buxton Nameless

That Grecian Horse is some good stuff. I was still getting little whiffs of it this morning when I got up. Did quickly replace that scent with another awesome one from CBL.

Slowly plucking away at home stuff. Have the
carpet picked out so that should get installed in 4-6 weeks they said. Which will mean emptying out the bedroom. Ugh. And got the paint picked out for the bedroom and a good portion of the inside of the house. There were many samples purchased and put on the walls to get to that point. Broken shed is taken down and a new one is ordered. Getting rid of stuff is really a pain for big projects. I may just have to bite the bullet and pay to have everything taken to the dump. In the past everything just piles up next to the house and slowly disappears as it can into our trash can every week. I think the shed alone will take half a year to get rid of that way though.

we want to re-carpet the bedrooms. But the thought of having to move everything out prevents us from pulling the trigger.

We’ve tried the slow-elimination pile on a few things. Unfortunately it never works, we’ve ended up with warnings from the city each time, despite the fact that the other 90% of the year, we had one of the best kept properties on our street.

Back