The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #17 (DE:11 SE:3 Str:3 Cart:0) - 167 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (2)
Sorrentino Seafoam
Oleo New City
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
GTB AS
GTB EdP

Back to a nice mellow shave. Needed it after yesterday's shave and pretty distracted this morning. Soap was good again. I don't know what the Tom Ford scent smells like that this is supposed to replicate. I assume the actual scent is more leat
her forward. This was a nice scent though. Not one I would recommend for those looking for leather, but a nice softened and sweetened version of leather.

Lat night was super poopy. Little storm with big winds blew through. Knocked out power for a while and ripped apart one of our storage sheds behind the house. Luckily I saw it before we left to a basketball game out of town and the family spent a while rushing all our stuff into the house. So now gotta pony up the $$$ to replace that. And we had a small earth quake on Wednesday morning, which reminded me in the middle of the night of the metal suitcase I had from my grandpa's Navy days that I put in the overhead rafter of the garage, right over my car I just got back from the shop. So I've been thinking about that and needing to fix it because if it slides 2" one way down it comes. Had another small earth quake this morning, but luckily nothing moved. Have lots of stuff to work on now!

Storm ripped through our area too. High winds into late afternoon and downpour all day.

Glad you’re all safe! Sorry about the shed though, that’s a bugger.

Your weather app makes things sound so nice. “A Wintry Mix...” Lol
1f602.png

You guys keep all that nasty weather up there. Earlier this week they predicted snow for tomorrow and then changed their mind.

They always say, if you don’t like the weather, just wait a few hours.

2019 shave #18 (DE:11 SE:3 Str:4 Cart:0) - 168 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
SV 2.0
Stirling Kaboom
Alum
Witch Hazel
The Club - The Closer

Ok, so Kaboom is supposed to be "inspired by" Spicebomb. I can't say if it is inspired by it or not, but I can tell you, it doesn't smell anything like it. And I know Spicebomb. This is much sweeter and without spice. Having said that, it does smell exactly like the unobtainium The Closer from A&E's The Club. And I reall
y like that scent, so despite my disappointment in it not matching Spicebomb, it's a scent I really do like.

Haven't pulled the SV brush out for a while. Will I get shot if I say it kicks Paladin's booty? There is a large difference in the density of the SV brush over the Paladin. I say pick one up and see for yourself. It's luxury.

And the shave. Wanted to be able to do a non DE shave, but still be able to do another non DE shave tomorrow. So no, I didn't use the Pro blade today. Got a nice shave with the SS, and didn't push the clean-up so I knew I'd be all set for another SE or straight shave tomorrow. Grabbed the Timeless to do a couple swipes at the base of the next and the dolphins were singing. Maybe tomorrow I'll try the Pro in this guy.

Been looking at storage sheds to replace ours. Found for not much more you can get a wood one. It looks taller with over head storage and seems A LOT stronger. I'd like to go that route, but then it also involves painting and roofing it. Painting isn't a huge deal, but roofing sounds like a pain.

2019 shave #18 (DE:11 SE:3 Str:4 Cart:0) - 168 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
SV 2.0
Stirling Kaboom
Alum
Witch Hazel
The Club - The Closer

Ok, so Kaboom is supposed to be "inspired by" Spicebomb. I can't say if it is inspired by it or not, but I can tell you, it doesn't smell anything like it. And I know Spicebomb. This is much sweeter and without spice. Having said that, it does smell exactly like t
he unobtainium The Closer from A&E's The Club. And I really like that scent, so despite my disappointment in it not matching Spicebomb, it's a scent I really do like.

Haven't pulled the SV brush out for a while. Will I get shot if I say it kicks Paladin's booty? There is a large difference in the density of the SV brush over the Paladin. I say pick one up and see for yourself. It's luxury.

And the shave. Wanted to be able to do a non DE shave, but still be able to do another non DE shave tomorrow. So no, I didn't use the Pro blade today. Got a nice shave with the SS, and didn't push the clean-up so I knew I'd be all set for another SE or straight shave tomorrow. Grabbed the Timeless to do a couple swipes at the base of the next and the dolphins were singing. Maybe tomorrow I'll try the Pro in this guy.

Been looking at storage sheds to replace ours. Found for not much more you can get a wood one. It looks taller with over head storage and seems A LOT stronger. I'd like to go that route, but then it also involves painting and roofing it. Painting isn't a huge deal, but roofing sounds like a pain.

I have never tried an SV they just look amazing.

Back