The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sorry, Coffee is just kicking in.
1f605.png

Haha no worries. My Bourbon is getting ready to kick in...and probably put me to bed shortly thereafter lol.

\n\nCan I get your thoughts on your El Dorado experience? \n
\nThis is my least favorite of the three I have. The bump out is in the wrong spot for where I naturally want to hold it. Not a biggie to adjust, but would choose either of the other if I could only have one.

2019 shave #16 (DE:10 SE:3 Str:3 Cart:0) - 166 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Pro (2)
Rockwell synth
Oleo Rush Street
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Calvin Klein Euphoria

This blade is not for me. To give it credit, the dolphins are singing but my face is saying it's a little too much. This was definitely not a pressure issue this time. I wasn't even letting the weight of the razor do the work this ti
me. No clean up strokes or searching for the wet BBS this time. Again, I've had rougher shaves, but there was a decent amount of alum sting. And my face is feeling freshly exfoliated and won't tolerate using the Pro again tomorrow. I'll give it a shot with the SS, but this is not the razor and blade combo for me.

This was also my first use of Oleo soap. Knowing they made the A&E soaps, or at least some of them previously I was not surprised that it had great performance. Lathered nicely into a nice rich lather. Heck, I couldn't even see my face through it. Cushion was top notch and residual slickness just short of the best of elite with some nice post shave feel that felt hydrating. The scent I'll have to spend some time with. The description is that it's a fall scent. I don't get that at all. I get citrus with a floral note that comes and goes. So more of a spring/summer thing. I like the citrus note heavy on the grapefruit. Floral I don't care for that much, but it's not always present. That's why I'll have to give it a few more tries to see what I think. Scent strength is good at 3.5-4/5. So far so good with the Oleo blind buy.

Aaaaand just like that Chris is off the list of potential people to PIF the blades to. ?

Funny how there is a fine line between a BBS exfoliating shave that feels amazing and one that irritates the heck out of your face.. Sorry you got the latter.

Lol. Seeing the trouble he had with the regular Pros, I think Dave might get irritation from you just writing his address on the package!

2019 shave #10 (DE:6 SE:1 Str:3 Cart:0) - 160 days of consecutive shaving

Just have to mention, the Rossa is one of the few soaps that I don't even feel the desire to use a scent with. The scent lingers for hours and that's without any mammoth painting.

Just catching up.....What, no mammoth painting needed? Now that's a soap
1f604.png

Back