The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I just meant so Dave doesn’t have to remember.

By the way Dave, you have:

Neptune El Dorado
Vintage Port Cleo
Briar PK-47
Yes, that's exactly what I meant to say ?

Thank you for that KJ. I just entered them in my tracking app so I shall be able to add appropriate detail to my SOTD descriptions so Dave my live more vicariously through my magnificent shaves.
1f60e.png

Yes, that's exactly what I meant to say ?

Thank you for that KJ. I just entered them in my tracking app so I shall be able to add appropriate detail to my SOTD descriptions so Dave my live more vicariously through my magnificent shaves.
1f60e.png
That's what I live and breath for man........since I didn't get a video

I don't know those brushes just don't seem like proper Nurse material. Better send them to Utah for inspection.

2019 shave #11 (DE:7 SE:1 Str:3 Cart:0) - 161 days of consecutive shaving
THB SR-71 w/ Feather (1)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Strop Shoppe Teak Wood
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1

Just another DE shave. Interestingly, this shave I didn't get the "blow me away" feeling of the first couple shaves with the SR-71. The blade felt like it had a decent amount of vibration to it that I didn't remember from previous uses. I even took the blade out, flipped it over and tried again. Same thing. So I don't know if I didn't
notice it previously or what. Seems like something that would be pretty obvious. I did notice I had to hold this with one less finger involved in the grip because of the shortness of the handle. On angled stroke, the base of the handle was resting on my ring finger instead of my pinkie. I wouldn't say this effected control at all, just an observation. The end result was a nice BBS with no alum sting. So the vibration wasn't a determent to the shave, but did effect the experience. I'll have to give this another go with another blade to confirm.

Funny how one thing being off, like maybe in this case a grip, can throw off the experience.
You even got good results.

Have you tried anything other than Feathers in it?

I was anticipating release tomorrow, but it's looking like Sunday or Monday now.

\nHave you tried anything other than Feathers in it?
\nNo, really only have 3 shaves with it so far. I really need to shave 2-3 times a day to rack up the experience with all these razors. Also when the first shave is awesome and with a feather, no reason to downgrade for me.

Back