The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #3 (DE:2 SE:0 Str:1 Cart:0) - 153 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

My only shaving goal for 2019 is to continue to keep up my straight technique and maybe improve it. I'm also keeping track of how many days I shave without skipping one, just because I already have a mess of them to build on by trying to get 365 shaves in 2018. I don't plan on another 365, but thought it would be interesting. But I could see this getting me in for a shave when I might feel like skipping one.

My Sorrentino badger is finally funk less in terms of smell. I might say it's also funk less in terms of style as it's more refined and elegant vs funky and wild.

Nice shave today. The expectation is for the cheeks is now a BBS as close as the RX and the variable is the neck. Today I got close to a wet BBS on the neck and got a nice dry down BBS with no alum sting. I'll take it. I thought I was going to get a little alum bite on the lower neck based on a bit of an aggressive blade angle at the end, but I got away with one.

I keep meaning to add some things to the soap library. A lot of the Oz soaps aren't in my wheel house, so I'll put those samples in there and add some from other tubs. Hope to get it done by this weekend if not sooner.

Here’s the new beauty that still needs a name. The colour is Titanium which is no longer an option. So that’s kind of neat. Not the performance model, but it has two motors so it’s all wheel drive and does 0-60 in 3.75.

One of the neatest Easter eggs with the last update. The whoopie cushion.

And on auto pilot in the way to work this morning. The white lines show its sensing the road and you can see it sensing a car ahead in the other lane. Little blurry, my commute is just minutes so not much time to get other pics but it’s steering itself.

I can afford a pear tree, but the price of ladies dancing with the liability insurance is just too much these days.
I read an article that said if you were to actually purchase everything in the song, it would total around $40,000.

Here’s the new beauty that still needs a name. The colour is Titanium which is no longer an option. So that’s kind of neat.
So it's Unob-ti-tanium?

^^^ Great name there, That 0-60 is still ludicrously fast! You might take it down and do a couple quarter mile passes just for giggles.

Holy sweet rides BatDave!

Hope the girls are still a few years from their licenses, lol!

^^^ Great name there, That 0-60 is still ludicrously fast! You might take it down and do a couple quarter mile passes just for giggles.
Holy sweet rides BatDave!

Hope the girls are still a few years from their licenses, lol!
Whoooooosh!!
Chris, one of them is 2 years away and is already thinking she'll be allowed to drive it. While I do think that's insane, all the safety features built into it makes it at least a slim possibility.

Whoooooosh!!
Chris, one of them is 2 years away and is already thinking she'll be allowed to drive it. While I do think that's insane, all the safety features built into it makes it at least a slim possibility.

You could always hook up the Whoopi cushion feature to an external speaker, make the car fart every time she breaks the speed limit.

You could always hook up the Whoopi cushion feature to an external speaker, make the car fart every time she breaks the speed limit.
Oddly enough, in a house full of females, I'm the only one that finds that feature amusing.

It's not bragging Dave. I thought you were joking when you posted originally though. We like to live vicariously through each other and know what's going on. THAT is most definitely "GOING ON" Congrats ?

I see a few Tesla's out and about. I would definitely like one, one day. I just don't like spending a lot on cars, but I want new features, android auto is awesome! The 2018 Hyundai Ioniq I bought last year is getting me nearly 60 MPG it has dropped to 54 in the winter due to running the heater. It serves me well. The color is beautiful though. I wonder why they discontinued it?

Oddly enough, in a house full of females, I'm the only one that finds that feature amusing.

You know what they say...”if you can’t beat em, join em.” Guess you’ll just have to beat their eardrums with it on repeat until they join you!
1f609.png

I see a few Tesla's out and about. I would definitely like one, one day. I just don't like spending a lot on cars, but I want new features, android auto is awesome! The 2018 Hyundai Ioniq I bought last year is getting me nearly 60 MPG it has dropped to 54 in the winter due to running the heater. It serves me well. The color is beautiful though. I wonder why they discontinued it?
That's a lot of MPGs

Lol my wife asked me once last year why our 6 year old at the time was always getting in trouble at school for laughing and talking about boogers, burps, butts, and farts and why is it so funny. I said baby I can’t answer that because I’m 35 and that stuff is still fairly dang funny to me also.

she was not amused

I’m 58 and farts are still funny. Especially now that my whole body seems bent on gas production. Momma is rarely amused.

Very nice ride Dave! I think you should name it Snuffleupagus so the kids won’t ask to drive it ?

Lol my wife asked me once last year why our 6 year old at the time was always getting in trouble at school for laughing and talking about boogers, burps, butts, and farts and why is it so funny. I said baby I can’t answer that because I’m 35 and that stuff is still fairly dang funny to me also.

she was not amused
I’m 58 and farts are still funny. Especially now that my whole body seems bent on gas production. Momma is rarely amused.
I guess we have each other.

Back