The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2019 shave #1 (DE:1 SE:0 Str:0 Cart:0)
Rockwell 6S plate 3 w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Stirling synth
Oz Shaving Nonestic Ocean
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1

2019 shave #2 (DE:2 SE:0 Str:0 Cart:0) - 152nd day of shaving in a row
Rockwell 6S plate 3 w/ Israeli Personna (2)
Paladin
A&E Novelist
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Bleu de Chanel

First two shaves of 2019. Didn't do anything special other than feel I need to get more use out of the 6S. Both decent shaves, but today was better with a wet BBS and no alum sting. Just need to remember to not take any razor for granted if you want the best shave. I really like the smell of Nonestic Ocean. I had to google it. For those of you that have never heard this word before, Nonestica is the continent that Oz is on. I thought the name didn't go with the scent because I was getting a warm baking spices type scent. Now that I see it's a bay rum, I get it, but the bay rum was masked to me. Which is fine because I liked this a lot more.

Yep, holidays are over. Still have a short work week to finish out, but there won't be the tolerance of leaving a few hours early as there had been. Have all the decorations put away, the tree is down and the lights off the house. Time to gear up for more home repairs and upgrades. Thinking carpet in the bedrooms next and installing a 240 outlet for charging the car. The though of having to move everything out of the bedrooms has had me hesitant to move on the carpet thing. Just have to suck it up and do it.

All caught up and great read. You need some variety in the DE blade department. Would you like to try some blades?

All caught up and great read. You need some variety in the DE blade department. Would you like to try some blades?
I expanded my den of 3 DE blades to 4 last year by adding Voskhod. I have one for every season now. ?

It is even cooler than I was hoping for
1f642.png

Christmas put away already? We still have a few days of Christmas left! I guess no one celebrates the 12 Days of Christmas anymore. In fairness...we have had so much rain around here...I had to take down our lawn decorations. The lights on the house are still up...but we haven't turned them on since New Years's Day. But we still have the inside decorations up as well as the Christmas Tree!

Christmas put away already? We still have a few days of Christmas left! I guess no one celebrates the 12 Days of Christmas anymore.
Honestly, I've never heard of anyone, actually celebrating the 12 days, even among my more religious family members and friends.

Glad for you. We need more detailed pics eventually
Cooler, and speedy!
Must be great to wake up to such a beast car in your garage! Good stuff Dave!
Thanks guys. It is a ton of fun. I didn't really post about it because there wasn't much response to my "soon to be delivered" post so I didn't want to come off as a braggart about something non shave related. But I'll put some pics up after my SOTD.

Honestly, I've never heard of anyone, actually celebrating the 12 days, even among my more religious family members and friends.
I can afford a pear tree, but the price of ladies dancing with the liability insurance is just too much these days.

Back