The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I don’t think I’ve ever managed 365 shaves! I always end up skipping here or there.

Me too! KJ never fails I get busy with the kids or something with work during planting or harvest and then just have to skip.

My sister’s boyfriend has a psycho. They’re pretty cool! Like KY Dave said, it definitely makes you wonder what a razor like that has seen.

He has a Psycho or IS a Psycho? Lol just kidding.

Have you seen the haunted razor on Ebay? Not sure if it is still there, but was suppost to be a haunted razor lol, not one i would want to shave with. Despite being a wizard, some low indensity light forms are best left alone lol. Razors like this certainly have a cool factor.

He has a Psycho or IS a Psycho? Lol just kidding.

Have you seen the haunted razor on Ebay? Not sure if it is still there, but was suppost to be a haunted razor lol, not one i would want to shave with. Despite being a wizard, some low indensity light forms are best left alone lol. Razors like this certainly have a cool factor.

Hahaha! Nah, he’s pretty cool. I haven’t seen the haunted razor. I’ll have to look for that. Did the listing give the back story as to why it was haunted? Kind of reminds me of the book Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill. A rockstar that collects weird stuff buys a haunted suit off of the bay and well...the fun ensues haha!

2018 shave #364 (DE:140 SE:104 Str:117 Cart:3)
Psycho w/ Feather (3)
Paladin
Queen Charlotte
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1

Video posted for today's shave.

Shave #365 of 2018

2018 shave #365 (DE:140 SE:105 Str:117 Cart:3)
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (7)
Plissoft 24mm knot in Shave Revolution handle
GTB
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
GTB AS
GTB EdP

This is a repeat of my first shave of the year. Same brush, razor, soap, AS and EdP. I normally swap out my SE blades after 6 uses and I should have with this one. Got more irritation than is usual. Video posted where I talk more about the experience of trying not to skip a shave for a year.

I tracked types of shave and for the most part razors and blades. Those razors and blades that were just for trial purposes I didn't make tags for in my tracking program.
Year in review: DE:140 SE:105 Str:117 Cart:3
Top Razors
Asylum RX - 98
Feather SS - 86
Parker 76R - 40
Timeless - 32
Weck Sextoblade - 24
Merkur 38c - 23
Parker Variant - 11
Rockwell 6S - 10

Top Blades
Feather Proguard - 179
Feather - 49
Israeli Personna - 43
Wilkinson Sword - 34
Voshkod - 8

I never got into journaling til I got here. I should log things more. I'll look for a free app to download to my android phone. Nice stuff Dave

I never got into journaling til I got here. I should log things more. I'll look for a free app to download to my android phone. Nice stuff Dave
I use diaro and paid for the full version so I can update it on my phone or the computer and it will be updated everywhere. I just copy and paste from my journals here and add a few tags to track them.

Wonder how long it would take to 3017 a tub of GTB doing just neck shaves?

Since I use about the same amount as when I shave my whole face, probably about the same time lol. I like to lather up my beard. The scent lasts longer that way.

I was about to watch the last video of the year when the kids broke in on me. (Wait that makes it sound like I was doing something strange.)

I might have to get to it tomorrow Dave.
Like the summery. I will try to be more like that in 2019.

Good stuff Dave ,.

@Dave in KY, same thing for me. I never really started till joining the Cadre.

I just found some software that is a journal and inventory that I will forward you tomorrow.

Back