The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Yesterday's shave for the record

2018 shave #359 (DE:137 SE:103 Str:116 Cart:3)
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (5)

Brush of Shame
PdP 63
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2:1
Missoni

2018 shave #360 (DE:138 SE:103 Str:116 Cart:3)
Psycho w/ Feather (1)

SV 2.0 brush
SV 70th
Alum
Witch Hazel
SV 70th AS

Some of you might have seen that KY Dave hooked me up with a source for a psycho razor. I arranged a deal a few months ago and while telling my wife about it commented "So I can wrap that and put it under the tree for you?" So I didn't see it until I unwrapped it yesterday. Forgot off and on that I'd even gotten it. It's a nice shave with the Feather. Got a standard BBS with a touch of alum sting on the neck. Not as efficient as the moderns I have, but certainly good enough to be used as much as any other DE. Just like any other older razor, one wonders what this one has seen.

My sister’s boyfriend has a psycho. They’re pretty cool! Like KY Dave said, it definitely makes you wonder what a razor like that has seen.

Yesterday’s shave

2018 shave #361 (DE:138 SE:103 Str:117 Cart:3)
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard
Stirling synch
L&L Original
Alum
Witch Hazel

2018 shave #362 (DE:139 SE:103 Str:117 Cart:3)
Psycho w/ Feather (2)
Custom synth
Oz Winter
Alum
Witch Hazel
Penhaligon's Satorial

This was my first use of Oz. From the tub the scent was peppermint with what I felt was chocolate, but if you think about a Christmas setting, the mind could be fooled into thinking it's ginger bread. On applying the lather to the face, it became all peppermint which in turn became pretty much all cinnamon. Similar to CBL's Valentine's In Your Face (self renamed) but CBL has much better slickness. I got a little tingle with the Oz soap, and was waiting for it to turn into more, but it never did.

Been mostly keeping up on the forums, just not responding as much as usual. I know, just less heckling from the peanut gallery.

Agree with the peppermint/cinnamon scent on Oz Winter, but I felt like once lathered it got a bit more complex. I like it for a Christmas time scent. Also, if you’re saying CBL has more slickness, I definitely need to try some! I feel like the sickness in Oz is great.

Agree with the peppermint/cinnamon scent on Oz Winter, but I felt like once lathered it got a bit more complex. I like it for a Christmas time scent. Also, if you’re saying CBL has more slickness, I definitely need to try some! I feel like the sickness in Oz is great.
Try some A&E. To me that's tops.

2018 shave #363 (DE:139 SE:104 Str:117 Cart:3)
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Sorrentino Oregon State
Siliski Frankincense and Myrrh
Alum
Witch Hazel
V's Barbershop Tonic

Closing in on shave #365 just in time! Had some good days with the family. Played Relative Insanity last night. It's like Apples to Apples except the sentences and punch lines are about family. It was so irrevent and funny we were in tears playing it. Going to the other side of the bay this afternoon to bum around a small town and then see some friends.

Back