The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Good stuff Dave. The peppermint is naturally cooling so I'm sure that is what you felt.

Nice tree!

Great shave Dave, and nice free find! Yea that storm that rolled through last night caught us too. It was pretty wild!

That is quite the cat palace there on the right. Hopefully Rich’s safety cats don’t defect to you lol.

Great shave Dave, and nice free find! Yea that storm that rolled through last night caught us too. It was pretty wild!

That is quite the cat palace there on the right. Hopefully Rich’s safety cats don’t defect to you lol.
Heh, thanks. Last few years we got the cats a new structure, but this one is lasting so no new one this year. And they get displaced this afternoon, that's where the tree will live for the month.

I don’t know, that “Valentine Face Punch” has a nice quirky sound it it. It may work.

Very nice tree! Thankfully you weren’t sent by yourself to settle for a lesser one. Tsk, tsk.

I'm thinking we just call it "in your face"...good for all seasons. Funny you find the Christmas memories so strong, I find the overall scent fairly mild. I agree the cinnamon is a dominant note but to me it's a lot like those cinnamon pine cones you get at the store. The Alpine has only peppermint oil, no cooling agent. I love the cooling the peppermint provides, it is pretty intense.

The Watson is becoming fairly popular. It is great as a stand alone BUT I am also using it as part of another scent in the works. I do look forward to your thoughts on Watson.

I'm thinking we just call it "in your face"...good for all seasons. Funny you find the Christmas memories so strong, I find the overall scent fairly mild. I agree the cinnamon is a dominant note but to me it's a lot like those cinnamon pine cones you get at the store. The Alpine has only peppermint oil, no cooling agent. I love the cooling the peppermint provides, it is pretty intense.

The Watson is becoming fairly popular. It is great as a stand alone BUT I am also using it as part of another scent in the works. I do look forward to your thoughts on Watson.
Used Watson today. As seen on TV. I like it and describe is as between new leather with the sharper leather scent and old worn leather with the deep warm scent. I would put at in the category of 1-2 year old leather to be precise. A touch of sweetness to it. I get about 3-3.5 strength, so I'd like to see that turned up a touch ?

2018 shave #333 (DE:124 SE:93 Str:113 Cart:3)
Merkur 38c w/ Graham Field (1)

Mini badger
CBL Watson
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
Penhaligon's Satorial

Well....that sucked.

2/3's of one shave isn't actually a shave Dave. I'll bet that blade settles right in after the 3rd pass (of the 50th shave), you should stick with it.

The Watson has nothing in it to cause the tingle. My first thought was that your Spidey sense was tingling.

This from the guy that doesn't like blade feel. You're a walking contradiction man
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
That's totally different.

Back