The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Having a proclivity toward Feathers will be helpful with the Tech. Try one of those. The Tech is pretty mild, has a fairly small cutting window, and can handle any blade, but a super sharp blade will up the efficiency a bit.

Going to be watching the video soon!

Having a proclivity toward Feathers will be helpful with the Tech. Try one of those. The Tech is pretty mild, has a fairly small cutting window, and can handle any blade, but a super sharp blade will up the efficiency a bit.

Going to be watching the video soon!
Roger that. I'll give it a shot.

2018 shave #323 (DE:118 SE:92 Str:111 Cart:3)
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)

Sorrentino Chess Piece
Storybooks Soapworks Visions and Revisions
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
Storybooks Soapworks Visions and Revisions AS

I saw TJ's and KY Dave's posts right before going into the den, so in an act of solidarity I paged The Doctor for super and sexy shave. The new Sorrentino brush had some mad funk on it today. My SV brush didn't have any when I got it, so now I'm reminded that I've read about people doing some lather batches just to wash out the ode de badger from it. Got a great BBS with no clean-up as is expected when wielding such a manly mass of shaving excellence. To balance out said manliness, I smell like earl grey tea.

The best remedy for brush funk is soaking in oxiclean. Although the CBL brush cleaner would probably do the job too. Great stuff Dave

Well this has been fun. Got a text from my wife just as I was leaving work early to enjoy an afternoon of nothing "we have a leak". Oh yes, the non rain turning into heavy rains at our house all morning and there was water dripping from a recessed light can in the bathroom and working its way between the paint and the ceiling. I cut around the fixture to stop the bubbling of water under the paint and got a tarp on the roof. Trouble is, that area on the roof is full of vents and angles and nothing that looks out of the ordinary. Have a nice roofer guy that happens to be dropping his family off at the airport by our house tomorrow and is going to swing by to look at it. Before we go to my in-laws for what I just found out is a wait for it....chicken dinner! Chicken???

Bummer on the leak Dave. I had a similar issue a few months back. Turned out our chimney was leaking through a hole in the stucco. Luckily we caught it before it caused any major damage.

Geez Dave hopefully the leaky roof is a quick and cheap fix. Also Chicken for Thanksgiving? A moment of silence cadre!

Yeah sorry about the leak Dave. I had a similar leak where water was pouring into the bathroom light fixture over the shower. It turned out that the flashing around the vent for the bathroom exhaust was pulled up from some driving rain. Wasn't a big deal and was easily repaired. Hope your situation isn't a complicated or expensive one.

Happy Thanksgiving! Hope the chicken was tasty!
1f60b.png

Back