The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I’m glad the procedure went as planned with no complications. Now it’s all over with.

Glad to hear everything went well. Keep us posted on the results. And dinner with cheese on all sides...you just can't lose!

Great to hear that all went well, Dave! Thanks for the tip on the 6c, the trigger was pulled and it should be here in a couple days.

Yesterday's shave:

2018 shave #319 (DE:115 SE:91 Str:111 Cart:3)
Rockwell 6S plate #2 w/ Feather (3)

Stirling synth
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1

2018 shave #320 (DE:116 SE:91 Str:111 Cart:3)
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (1)

Sorrentino Chess Piece
Siliski Citrus
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1

Took my new Sorrentino for a test drive and revisited Siliski soaps with a fresh batch. Check out the brush on the video, I'll post some pics later. It's a beautiful specimen of course mixing African Black Wood and Birds Eye Maple.

Andrew Siliski was kind enough to send two full tubs instead of two new samples. So I made some samples and put them in the soap sample swap. The scent was better than my first run with these. But it's still on the subtle side. Maybe 2- 2.5, but it was good enough to get it up into the buy category for me and give me a nice crisp and fresh citrus scent.

Good shaves Dave! I wondered how the Siliski name came about, I guess that answers it!

Check out the brush on the video, I'll post some pics later. It's a beautiful specimen of course mixing African Black Wood and Birds Eye Maple.

And don’t dare come back until those photos are ready!

Great looking brush! Also, great customer service with Siliski.
1f60e.png
1f44d.png
For sure, both companies will be getting more business from me.

2018 shave #321 (DE:117 SE:91 Str:111 Cart:3)
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (2)

RazoRock synth
The Club Signature
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
Penhaligon's Satorial EdT

Another Monday back to work. Haven't been posting on the forum much this weekend, but did keep up on reading pretty well.

This soap is supposed to be bourbon and tobacco. That's fine, but it smells exactly like those round butterscotch candies to me. Not bad, but not normally a scent I'd spread all over my face. A couple guys have already snagged the samples I made for the soap swap, so I'll be interested in hearing their impressions of the scent.

I think I was a little caviler with the Timeless yesterday because it is so mild and it was a reminder that no matter the razor you still need to use basic principles. Was able to get a DFS+ without adding to the neck irritation I exacerbated yesterday.

Okay the brush looks much better in the pics than the video. BEAUTY!

2018 shave #321 (DE:117 SE:91 Str:111 Cart:3)
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (2)

RazoRock synth
The Club Signature
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1

Another Monday back to work. Haven't been posting on the forum much this weekend, but did keep up on reading pretty well.

This soap is supposed to be bourbon and tobacco. That's fine, but it smells exactly like those round butterscotch candies to me. Not bad, but not normally a scent I'd spread all over my face. A couple guys have already snagged the samples I made for the soap swap, so I'll be interested in hearing their impressions of the scent.

I think I was a little caviler with the Timeless yesterday because it is so mild and it was a reminder that no matter the razor you still need to use basic principles. Was able to get a DFS+ without adding to the neck irritation I exacerbated yesterday.

Nicks happen to the best of us. Me more than others.
After watching one of your vids, I started adopting the cool water shave and it has cut down on the irritation for me alot. Thanks.
Are the Wilkinsons just the stadard ones you find in a drug store? How do you like them?

\n\nKnicks happen to the best of us. Me more than others. \nAfter watching one of your vids, I started adopting the cool water shave and it has cut down on the irritation for me alot. Thanks. \nAre the Wilkinsons just the stadard ones you find in a drug store? How do you like them?
\nGood to hear about the cold water. That made the biggest difference for me. \n\nI got the Wilkinsons from Amazon. I think they are just standard ones. I use three blades on a regular basis and the Wilkinson Swords are my mild blade. I tend to use them primarily for clean-up, but like now I\'m just in the mood for a more mild shave vs super close.\n\n[URL="https://theshavingcadre.com/XF/data/attachments/7/7537-bc533ff41688179986222efd1de59a80.jpg"][/url]

2018 shave #322 (DE:118 SE:91 Str:111 Cart:3)
Tech w/ Israeli Personna (1)

Stirling Synth
Eufros Park Avenue
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
V's Barbershop Tonic

Video posted on this shave. Sharp's up there helped me out in getting the Park Avenue from Pasteur's. This is my first dance with Eufros soaps. Easy lather with a touch more water than I was expecting, but ended rich and creamy. The scent I can best describe as 3.5-4/5 and mint with a hint of leather. Decent performance. Had good cushion with average residual slickness. Defiantly serviceable soap and a purchase when the right scents are found.

The Tech I got in trade with Don Quixote and I keep thinking as my first vintage, but I do have those Techmatics. I really know nothing of vintage razors. Chris Noir mentioned this was a fat handle one. I also don't see any year markings on it. I have yet to totally decide how I feel about it. The shave was decent. I would say it felt a touch rough, but not tuggy so it's hard to explain. And I felt like I was going to have some irritation, but there was none. Almost like that Rooskie razor. I didn't do any clean-up because I didn't want to add to what irritation I thought was there and ended up with DFS+. I'll need to give this some more shaves and try other blades with it as well. My first inclination would be using something more mild to see if it is a smoother shave, but I think maybe the feather is the way to go.

I have your video in the Queue just waiting for this conference call to end so I can put the ear buds in.

Back