The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

The office will not thank you and will likely attribute that horrible smell to dead rats in the walls...that is until they figure out that Dave of the Nurses is source and they try to synthesize antibodies to fight off the infectious disease!

The office will not thank you and will likely attribute that horrible smell to dead rats in the walls...that is until they figure out that Dave of the Nurses is source and they try to synthesize antibodies to fight off the infectious disease!
Nicely put Don

2018 shave #310 (DE:109 SE:90 Str:109 Cart:3)
Rockwell 6S, plate #3 w/ Feather (2)

Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
The Club The Closer
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
The Club The Closer AS

Well the mug is all healed up from the Russian death blades. Waffled on what soap to use today and after several times of thinking about this soap and not really knowing where it was, I dug around until I found it. Which leads me to again say I'm going to organize my soaps. Got a sweet shave with plate #3, and I think I'll try plate #4 the next time I use this as I can't remember how that felt compared to #3. I'm really pleased I ended up getting some of these modern heavy DEs. This is the weight that feels really good to use.

You ever feel work just gets in the way? I have lots of little projects at home I need to get done and this work thing just sucks up my time.

2018 shave #311 (DE:109 SE:90 Str:110 Cart:3)
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)

TSC Legacy
Fine Platinum
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea 2 in 1
Penhaligon's Endymion

First for me today. I had my lather bowl packed already and did a face lather. I thought it wouldn't work well without all the face area as some guys, but it was just fine. I'm not going to switch from scooping my soaps, but it actually felt a little easier adjusting the water seeing the lather right on the face. I thought my shave was going great as well, but it was just good. The cheeks I got to super smooth BBS with three passes from the SS. I thought I had the neck there as well, but I needed a touch of clean-up with the Timeless and had some decent alum sting. I think I just got too relaxed and obviously didn't pay attention to pressure through all three passes.

California is on fire again. Nothing at all close to us, but it smells like a BBQ outside and they air is noticeably smoky. In southern California we have family that had to evacuate because the air was getting to be too bad to breathe. We'll have to keep monitoring the fires down there because the family they went to stay with is al
so close to evacuation lines.

The fires overall this year in California have been unreal!

Yea, a little insane. It just keeps getting worse every nearly year. The entire town of Paradise is pretty much gone over the last couple of days.

California is indeed on fire. Some of the most beautiful places have been ravaged and much more is still threatened. ...and now the hills behind the Griffith Observatory and LA Zoo are billowing smoke.

I hope your family and friends near the fire-line are able to remain safe.

2018 shave #312 (DE:110 SE:90 Str:110 Cart:3)
Parker 76R w/ Wilkinson Sword (1)

Stirling synth
Silinski Citrus
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea post shave balm

Drive by post. Hotel water seems to always ruin good soaps. I brought Silinski because it’s performance rocks and there was still little post shave residual. This is also why I brought a mild razor and blade. Slowly learning my lesson.

2018 shave #312 (DE:110 SE:90 Str:110 Cart:3)
Parker 76R w/ Wilkinson Sword (1)

Stirling synth
Silinski Citrus
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea post shave balm

Drive by post. Hotel water seems to always ruin good soaps. I brought Silinski because it’s performance rocks and there was still little post shave residual. This is also why I brought a mild razor and blade. Slowly learning my lesson.

Darn hotels! You look like you’re enjoying your time at least!

Back