The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My story, I’m sticking to it. Bill

Wouldn’t that violate the already violated No-Buy Pact that I signed in as proxy under a blood oath?

SOTD 1/17/22
The Un-Vector Shave

Fine Lavender
Simpsons Emperor 2
Razorock SS Hawk V3A
Feather AC pro Super
Stirling Bergamot SwitchHazel & EdT
Billiard Talc

22F5B6E2-C867-4506-948E-CB21533A3BC2.jpeg

Great Shave
I gotta use this tool more, it would have been a Vector, but they are sold out. Sometimes us regular folk just need to make do.

Vid for your viewing pleasure.
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV

Last 2021 SOTD New Years Eve

Wholly Kaw, La Fougère Parfaite, suds and splash
WCS Tall & Dark synthetic brush
Stirling Orange chill menthol witch hazel with aloe…. Because I still ain’t seen no Thayers coffee mugs for my buddies.
Still the most sinfully ugly GoDallah razor I’ve ever seen, sporting the compound hollow bevel

Not Shown - Stirling collapsible paddle bowl for the super puff suds.
Not shown, because ‘that razor’ looks so bad, I’m afeard folks will have pity on me and start throwing loose change in it.

View attachment 71897

Great shave. WK LFP is one of my faves. Not as good as Et Tu (in the Brut lookalike category) but still very good.

I’ve used this razor more than any I’ve honed with a hollow backbevel. I really like it. I hope the new low cost synthetics can get this good. If I can get a match, I’ll need to work on economical strop abrasives to counter the expense of cBN emulsions.

Wishing ALL a very Happy and Blessed New Year.
If you have a good surgical black Ark you do not need CBN or balsa. It is hard work to shape it though. I spent over 3 hr to shape my 2×6 stone.

If you have a good surgical black Ark you do not need CBN or balsa. It is hard work to shape it though. I spent over 3 hr to shape my 2×6 stone.
I’m not sure of the actual grade of my 3x8 black ark, but it was a task shaping it.

I’m working on trying to match performance of my arks/coticule with less expensive readily available calibated materials.

Reactions: JPO
SOTD 1/20/22

Col Conk Bay Rum
Omega 10098 boar
Essence by Tedalus
Feather Professional Super (4)
GFT West Indian Extract of Limes Skin Food & Cologne

DB257D37-2D9B-44DF-B108-947E2B0029DD.jpeg

It has been too long since I shaved with this piece. I’ve been watching the other guys having fun with theirs and my stand showed up to say “it is time”.

The guys doing the 3017 Williams look like they are set up for some February Fun. I’ve never used Williams and was giving it a thought but decided to pass this year. Had I already buried this soap, and had the bowl available I think I’d have jumped in. It has been a long time since I a singular soap for a month or so, but I recall this being it. Maybe next year.

I’d almost forgotten how much I love this tool. Why do I use anything else anyhow? Uh, we’ll I guess because I have it.

If I was going before the firing squad for not honing right and allowed to have one last shave, the Essence would get the call.

GFT Lime is the best in my book, but never lasts long enough an requires a down payment and an amortization plan. Nice to have.

Great shave here. Be well. Carry on.

Back