The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My story, I’m sticking to it. Bill

SOTD 12/15/21

Stirling, Suds & AS, Glacial Grapefruit
Stirling suds whippin hardware
Focus R21 Evolution, GSB charged (4)

View attachment 70258

When I started with this tool it would have been hard to convince me that I’d be picking it up so often for the quick shave.

Great evening workweek shave. Probably the lowest cost shave in my arsenal.
I missed a grapefruit soap from Stirling???? I should have my citrus license revoked - is this an older release?

I missed a grapefruit soap from Stirling???? I should have my citrus license revoked - is this an older release?
Last year. Black Friday.

I think I’d rather have the Smokey Grapefruit that you got.

Stirling is usually awesome with citrus scents. I consider this just ok.

Late post for Sunday 12/19/21
Showdown for the fun of it.

F2B6C01D-34ED-4C38-B1CD-85DB7A6992E7.jpeg

Gold Dallah W59 w/compound bevel vs Essence by Tedalus w/Pro Super
Stirling Executive man SS & AS
Stirling collapsible paddle bowl
Simpsons Emperor 3

I’ve been working on my compound backbevel honing and thought the Gold Dollar would present some challenges, which it did. The geometry of this piece is horrible. I’ve been attempting to keep a slight smile even though the hone guide grind would say it should be straight.

For those interested in seeing my work, here is the link to the video.
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV

It actually turned out pretty good and accelerated my confidence in the use of my work with convexed hones. So far, I’ve stuck with more expendable pieces on compound hollow bevels, but I’ll be advancing into some higher value stuff as I go forward. I’m getting edges I like more and more.

Here is the shave vid.
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV

Great fun at the zoom call last evening.

Have great Christmas week all.

I consider myself the ultimate Essence razor fanboy so I refuse to answer on the grounds it may jeopardize my favoritism.

I will be doing some vids on my convex honing style in the future.

It may involve some Gold Dollar pass arounds for folks to evaluate.

I’m even thinking about having a give away of a set of convexed stones for those who produce vids of their shaves with said gear for the folks here at TSC.

Stay tuned.

I consider myself the ultimate Essence razor fanboy so I refuse to answer on the grounds it may jeopardize my favoritism.

I will be doing some vids on my convex honing style in the future.

It may involve some Gold Dollar pass arounds for folks to evaluate.

I’m even thinking about having a give away of a set of convexed stones for those who produce vids of their shaves with said gear for the folks here at TSC.

Stay tuned.
You have piqued my interest there buddy.

SOTD 12/21/21

Workoff soap
Omega Boar brush
Goal Dallah, Bad to the Bone W59
compound hollow bevel
Stirling witch hazel, cause at least they have hats and t-shirts

495F3184-3F8D-4725-BFF7-E84C7DAF269D.jpeg

Could there really be edge forward shave piece pass-arounds, convex hone giveaways and a bonus roo strop on the horizon for 2022?

See the vid
Post in thread 'Bill TV'
Bill TV

Great evening shave.

Be safe this Holiday season y’all

The w59 has one of the most wicked looking points I’ve seen on a common razor 😂

Had one for a while but was too afraid to use it.
I have a W-59. I have it finished on Shapton Glass 30K. It scares the heck out of me. I have retired it. (IMHO) I’m not a fan of “barbarian” style of razor. I’m much more geared toward the traditional and elegant, but that’s just me. It is enjoyable to watch someone enthusiastically pursue their own ideas without being borderline psychotic.

Back