The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May Shave Themes - Flowers, Forest, and Fruit, AND/OR Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations

An orange delight today!

Prep: Hot shower, Musgo Real Lime Glyce Soap, Proraso Red Pre-shave cream
Razor: Paradigm Diamondback
Blade: Astra SP (3)
Soap: Stirling Pharoah's Dreamcicle
Brush: Simpson Berkeley 46 B Best Badger
Post-shave: Osma Tradition Alum Block, cold water rinse
After-Shave: Stirling Satsuma

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

15 May, 2020

I was beginning to have lime withdrawals so....

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" Shave Soap / PAA "The Solar Flare" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" Aftershave Splash

IMG-3403.jpg

I have a few pucks of Honeybee Sue's stuff in my stash. I have a lot more "yucky stuff" to work through before I get to it, as it's definitely in the "yummy" category!

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Vidyut Super-Max Stainless (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation - One
Brush: TSC First Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino

Penultimate Aftershave: Ultimate Osage
The Ultimate Aftershave: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations Post Shave Elixir - White Mountain

1589661523849.png

I have wanted to shave with Lisa's new formula several times before I did a lengthy review. After four shaves with her Formula 8.1 with Sheep's Milk...and really dialing this soap in, I can honestly say this is one of the best soaps I have used. I have used LNHC soaps for three or four iterations now. I honestly didn't know if her last version could be topped because it was so good...but here we are...I think Lisa did it. This soap performs as it should in all aspects from the beginning when you load the soap on the brush to the luxurious lather that is easy to build. This soap is really slick and if you just push the lathering with a little more water than you think you should...you just might be rewarded with the slickest soap you have tried. And with that slickness comes an incredible layer of lather for your face when shaving. And because of that initial slickness, the residual slickness sticks around. I was able to do another pass on residual slickness alone. But where this version of LNHC soap shines is the post shave feel. This is the absolute best moisturizing soap I have tried. It leaves my face feeling refreshed all day long. I am still amazed at how nourished my face feels after I get home from work. This stuff is just amazing. The scent of this particular soap (The One) I am learning is a favorite among my friends, coworkers, my wife (this is most important), and others. It's light enough that it doesn't interfere with what I want to put on afterward...but pronounced enough that you can catch whiffs of it if you don't use an aftershave at all. I would highly recommend this soap to all manner of shavers.

The Post Shave Elixir is something that I need to try a few more times before I make a judgement. But my initial thoughts are that this is really good stuff. It goes on super light. Lighter than I expected it to. And almost immediately absorbs in to the skin. Leaves your face nice and smooth and nourished. More on this later. I picked this up on half price I think because Lisa is reformulating...so get you some while it is really cheap. This is White Mountain scent that according to Lisa herself smells like: "a complex mix of wild cypress, ozone, makrut lime, sea salt, oud, elemi, leather, amber, ocean moss, and frankincense." The scent is nice and light and is perfect right now as my pregnant wife has what we call a "super snooter" as most scents she finds too strong right now.

16 May, 2020

Went with the new soap today. "Future Fiction" from Phoenix Shaving is wonderful scent. Very close (to my nose) to "L'Homme" by YSL.. Notes of Lemon, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange, Vetiver, Hiba Wood (citrus and cedar notes) & Jerusalem Pine among others.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Future Fiction" Shave Soap / RazoRock 400 Noir Plissoft Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA "Future Fiction" Aftershave Splash

IMG-3412.jpg

17 May, 2020

Paco Rabanne today. Notes of lavender, thyme, tarragon, geranium, clove, tonka bean, tobacco, oakmoss & musk.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / PAA "Doppelganger (Green Label)" / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Paco Rabanne Pour Homme Aftershave Splash

IMG-3425.jpg

MAY 17, 2020

(Rz) Edwin Jagger DE86
(Bl) Gillette 7 o'clock Black
(Sp) Wickham Club Cola
(As) Stirling Unscented Glacial Balm

A very mild shave. The EJ razor seems to be the kind of razor you can shave on autopilot and get a smooth nick-free shave from. It won't win any awards, as it's definitely not the closest shave. Still, this could be the razor to use when my skin is unhappy. Wish I had found this a year ago... Don't know why I waited so long to try a 'standard'.

Only my second or third shave with this one. If I keep enjoying it I might have to hunt down a backup, as it is an all Zamak razor (I believe).
b555f59ad32bc1e54698815ebce88bf2.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Vidyut Super-Max Stainless (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: CBL Premium Shave Soap - Ghost Lime
Brush: TSC First Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino
Penultimate Aftershave: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations Post Shave Elixir - White Mountain
The Ultimate Aftershave: RazoRock - Essential Oil of Lime

1589801826994.png

To keep with the may Shave theme I pulled out a soap I haven't used in a while and I am not sure why. CBL's Ghost Lime is an absolute favorite of mine. A nice fresh lime scent and lather that is hard to beat! And I love how Chris applied the cooling agent to his soap. It definitely lasts a while without feeling like you just walked 100 miles in the Arctic.

Three passes and I didn't chase. Ended up with my usual DFS and no blood to get on my clean white undershirt. It's a morning that is going well so far.

Second use of Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations Post Shave Elixir. And I am really digging this aftershave. It's not something I am going to use everyday...but I will use it on those days I need a little extra repair on the face and neck. If you don't know by now...I hate balms. They leave my face all sticky and heavy feeling. They tend to make me sweat also since the make me feel like my skin is suffocation. Lisa's Elixir is not that at all. It goes on light, but absorbs in quicker than any balm. A minute...maybe two...and the moisturizing post shave elixir is all but gone and you face feels refreshed. I believe that right now Lisa is trying to make way for new stock so her current stock of this stuff is little more than half of right now. Go get you some!

After the Elixir I splashed on some Essential Oil with Lime by RazoRock. First time using this aftershave as I recently got it in a trade with @Smattayu. I have to say...love the scent...it's fresh and perky...love the way it feels on my skin also. But, like many other citrus aftershaves...it just doesn't last all that long. Still...it is some really good stuff.

Monday May 18, 2020
2020 Shave # 150 ( 560 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Lupo
Blade: Wizamet (3)
Brush: TSC 1st Anniversary
Soap: Ethos/CBL Soap Collaboration
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Ethos/CBL Soap Collaboration
Fragrance: TBD
IMG_20200517_161253523.jpg

18 May, 2020

Ahhh.. Old Spice!

Notes of Lemon, Orange, Carnation, Jasmine, Geranium, Heliotropium & Cedar among many, many more! Woods and flowers for the month of May!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Yaqi 28mm Brush / B & M Reserve "Spice" Shave Soap / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Old Spice Aftershave Splash (Indian)

IMG-3454.jpg

Back