The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May Shave Themes - Flowers, Forest, and Fruit, AND/OR Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations

24 May, 2020

Oh man, what a great day. This is he kind of day that makes me look forward to retirement! I'm eligible in five years!

Sorry for the late post. Been busy today but wanted to get it in before I'm nodding off in my recliner. LOL!

Today's shave brought to you by Stirling Soap Co.... Island Man with its notes of bergamot, lime, mandarin, coconut, jasmine, hibiscus, ylang-ylang, ginger, sugarcane, musk, and rum was perfect for a day like today! Went with it all; soap, splash and EdT. My wife loves the sent!

Hope everyone weekend is going great!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" Shave Soap / RazoRock 400 Synthetic Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Voskhod / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" Aftershave Splash / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" EdT

IMG-3528.jpg

Lavender Today

1cDwPXgh.jpg

Memorial Day.jpg

25 May, 2020

Good afternoon Cadre!

Two-and-a-half hours into the first three of the 3-2-1 method (for ribs) so I thought I'd post up my SOTD.

Coconut + Bay Rum + Lime = One damn fine shave! Another great scent. The wife loves it. So, if you get the wife's seal of approval, you know it's good!

Hope everyone's have a great holiday!

PAA "The Cube " / PAA "Coconut Bay with Lime" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim / Gillette Nacet
Alum / PAA "Coconut Bay with Lime" Aftershave Splash / PAA "Coconut Bay with Lime" Solid Cologne

IMG-3538.jpg

Last shave with my orangified Pitralon. Given the tiny bit of soap left yesterday, this morning's lather was thin and weak (as expected, especially with the soap-eating Chubby being used) but provided enough slickness to get a pretty good shave. On to Williams tomorrow

Tuesday May 26, 2020
2020 Shave # 161 ( 568 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Vector
Blade: Schick Proline (5)
Brush: @Graydog Quilt Twinzy
Soap: CBL Lavender and Leather
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Citrus Toner
Aftershave 2: Avon Leather
Fragrance: Nuit D'Issey Noir Argent
IMG_20200525_205305612.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: The Sudsy Soapery in collaboration with Chatillon Lux - Lemon Rose Chypre
Brush: Purple and Gold Brush by Eric Sorrentino (@Smattayu )
Penultimate Aftershave: Ultimate Osage
The Ultimate Aftershave: The Sudsy Soapery in collaboration with Chatillon Lux - Lemon Rose Chypre

1590497668627.png

Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (2nd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Cold River Soap Works - Select - Citrus
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Penultimate Aftershave: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations - Post Shave Elixir - White Mountain
The Ultimate Aftershave: Florida Water

1590584577280.png

I was looking in the Den to find something that fit the shave theme of the month and saw the Cold River Soap Works container. I haven'e shaved with this soap in a really long time. Actually I can't recall the last time I shave with it. So I took it for a spin. This is the Select version of CRSW's soaps. And I like it plenty. Their Glide version is a better all around soap in my opinion...but if you want a really slick soap...the Select will do. The scent on this soap is a generic citrus scent. Not lemon or orange or lime...but all of them in one. It's nice...it's bright but not too bright.

The shave itself went well enough. Not as good as yesterday's shave, but good. Every time I pull out the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blade...I seem to get some good shaves in. I am starting to wonder if I need to just make this my go to blade. Anyway...three standard passes, no blood, and I have a DFS.

An application of LNHC Post Shave Elixir soothed any irritation that I might have had...HOWEVER...after an appropriate amount of time I went ahead with the Florida Water. And as much as I would like to bathe in the stuff...I just can't because of the wife's pregnant super snooter. So a conservative splash on the face will do...except that my face lit up faster than monkeys in a rocket ship! It toned down a bit...but man that was intense. But hey...now I smell good!

27 May, 2020

Today's shave brought to you by Stirling Soap Co. Glacial Satsuma!! Mandarin oranges and COOOOLD menthol!!! 🥶 ❄ Is it odd that I detest cold weather but at the same time I'm a menthol addict?? :unsure: That's me.. A walking contradiction.. 😁

Hope everyone has a great day!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Glacial Satsuma" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" Brush / 1964 Gilltte Slim
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Satsuma" Aftershave Splash w. Menthol / AdP Colonia EdC

IMG-3559.jpg

28 May, 2020

Good morning all! Hope everyone's having a wonderful day!

Today's shave brought to you by Phoenix Shaving's "Gondolier". Notes of Bergamot, Rose, Jasmine, Oakmoss, Coumarin, Citronella, Juniper & Cedar.. Finished with a splash of Floid and some AdP Colonia.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Gondolier" Shave Soap / PAA "The Solar Flare" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Floid Vigoroso Aftershave Splash / AdP Colonia EdC

IMG-3566.jpg

Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Storybook Soapworks - Visions & Revisions
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
Penultimate Aftershave: Ultimate Osage
The Ultimate Aftershave: Chatillon Lux - Weinstrasse

I haven't used Visions and Revisions in quite a while and this is a soap I think is really underrated. An outstanding performing soap with a nice scent that is not offensive and doesn't linger. So you are free to splash on whatever it is that you want. The scent is bergamot, lemon, and orange, along with lavender and black tea. It's just a really nice scent. Went three passes with the progress for a pretty damn good shave. Nothing bad to report here.

I did an intermediary splash with Kyle's Ultimate Osage. Feel the Freeze. A while back @gobucks5485 sent me a few samples of some Chatillon Lux Aftershaves. Embarrassingly, I am just getting around to them. Today Weinstrasse got the call. I have to admit that out of the vial, I did not think I was going to like it at all. It just seemed to sickly sweet for even me. Scent notes on this aftershave are: white grape, honeysuckle, iris, blackcurrant bud, helichrysum, sandalwood, coumarin, oakmoss and musk. Pretty much a good representation of the Flowers, Forest, and Fruit theme we are doing. But that bottle was super sweet. I splashed it on anyway...and I have to say...the longer it stays on, the more I like it. It dries down to an amazing representation of what I sniffed in the bottle. More on the dry side and not the sweet. It's hard to describe. I have another splash or two with this...so maybe I can nail down the scent by that time.

29 May, 2020

Today's shave brought to you by Phoenix Shaving's "Good Vibrations". Scent Profile: Rich, late spring tree blossoms such as horse chestnut. Sandalwood, mahogany & rosewood, a light vanilla muskiness, a pinch of rosemary, a soft lavender & amber talc underneath, and oakmoss holding it all together at the base.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Nacet / Alum / PAA "Good Vibrations" Splash / PAA "Good Vibrations" Solid Cologne

IMG-3584.jpg

Back