The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May Shave Themes - Flowers, Forest, and Fruit, AND/OR Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations

9 May, 2020

Today's shave brought to you by Barrister and Mann. Limited edition release "Saguesera" boasts cedar, violet, coconut, lime & allspice along with rum. Great soap and scent. Wish they had made a matching frag for it.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / B&M "Saguesera" Shave Soap / PAA "The Green Ray" Brush / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / B&M "Saguesera" After Shave Splash

View attachment 23501
Man! That soap sounds like a good one!

11 May, 2020

Good morning all!

PAA's "Strange Island" on the brush today. Very unique scent. Dry with antiseptic-like, nigh "medicinal" characteristics. The Sage and lavender are very forward with the Copaiba Balsam adding some light woody notes underneath. Great scent and a nice change-up.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Phoenix Shaving "Strange Island" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Silver Blue Blade / Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Strange Island" Aftershave Cologne

IMG-3366.jpg

For 05.12.2020: Forests, Fruit ( Rotting ), Flowers, Furry Cats, and Urinal Cakes

CV Heljestrand MK*30 SAF in pre-ban Ivory Shoes
Paladin Chief / Sabini knot
Mrs @The Monkey Soap Base "The Veg" Shave Soap
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal Aftershave Splash
TabacaVeg EdC

05.12.2020.jpg

Have a Good Day Gents
"Long Live the Knights of the VegTable
Order of TabacaVeg

Huzzah!

For 05.12.2020: Forests, Fruit ( Rotting ), Flowers, Furry Cats, and Urinal Cakes

CV Heljestrand MK*30 SAF in pre-ban Ivory Shoes
Paladin Chief / Sabini knot
Mrs @The Monkey Soap Base "The Veg" Shave Soap
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal Aftershave Splash
TabacaVeg EdC

View attachment 23792

Have a Good Day Gents
"Long Live the Knights of the VegTable
Order of TabacaVeg

Huzzah!

I see you’re upping your social distancing game. 🤪

12 May, 2020

Good morning all!

Today's shave will focus on notes of Rose, Bergamot, Oakmoss & Vetiver along with Talc, Coumarin and Musk

For today's shave I went with one of my favorite soaps and scents; Phoenix Shaving's CaD. According to the website it's patterned after an unnamed canned shaving foam. Don't know which one it is but I love it!Very refreshing my wife absolutely loves it. After I bought the soap and splash I went ahead and sprung for the EdP as well. Hell, I went so far as to get one of their car vent clips with this fragrance to keep in my truck!

Hope everyone has a great day!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "CaD" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Brush / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA "CaD" Aftershave Cologne / PAA "CaD" EdP

IMG-3372.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (8th Shave)
Soap/Cream: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creation - Tashmere
Brush: TSC First Anniversary Brush in Timber Wolf Synthetic by Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu
The Ultimate Aftershave: Stirling - Sharp Dressed Man

1589283627038.png

Quick one today gents as I have to actually go into work. It looks like the state is implementing a 25% at work policy for the time being. I guess this the their way of transitioning into full work force...form the goings on. Anyway...great shave today as always with Lisa's soaps. I paired the the floral, wood, and spices of the soap with the citrus, grass, and floral scents of the aftershave for a really nice pairing. Not perfect...but complimentary.

13 May, 2020

Good morning all!

AdP Colonia is a scent that fit's this month's bill perfectly! Sicilian Citrus, Lemon Verbena, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine & Rosemary along with Amber and Musk. One of my favorite, year-round scents.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Piacenza" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Piacenza" Aftershave Splash / AdP "Colonia" EdC

IMG-3377.jpg

Back