The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

May Shave Themes - Flowers, Forest, and Fruit, AND/OR Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations

19 May 2020
CV Heljestrand No.8
Sorrentino BrushWorks Corleone / Timberwolf Synthetic
Ethos / CBL Fresh Lime Shave Soap
Ethos / CBL Fresh Lime Aftershave Skin Food
Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio EdT

Sw7GpOgh.jpg

Have a good day

19 May, 2020

I admit, I will have to try hard to make today's shave fit into this month' shave theme but I've been jonesing for some Bay Rum for a while now and couldn't hold back any longer! I can detect some orange notes in there, so there's that! 😜

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Afteshave Splash

IMG-3466.jpg

19 May, 2020

I admit, I will have to try hard to make today's shave fit into this month' shave theme but I've been jonesing for some Bay Rum for a while now and couldn't hold back any longer! I can detect some orange notes in there, so there's that! [emoji12]

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Afteshave Splash

View attachment 24470
How about... Bay leaves are green (akin to 'forest' in the original concept by @dangerousdon ) and BR originally hails from St Thomas, a very tropical warm weather location.

See, your shave fits perfectly. [emoji846]

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Vidyut Super-Max Stainless (4th Shave)
Soap/Cream: The Holy Black - Tangerine Creeper
Brush: Purple and Gold Brush by Eric Sorrentino
Penultimate Aftershave: Ultimate Osage
The Ultimate Aftershave: The Holy Black - Tangerine Creeper

1589974975768.png

1589975011422.png

Looking for a soap and aftershave that fits the monthly theme...I decided to go the The Holy Black's, Tangerine Creeper. I haven't used this set in probably almost a year. Mostly because I had it somewhere in the back of my mind that is was a pretty much slightly above average soap with some gimmicks and a nice presentation. Boy...was my memory mistaken. To be fair...I don't think I ever thought of this soap as slightly above average. But I did think it was good performer that lacked in some departments. This morning I went ahead and did a FULL 30 second load with my new Eric Sorrentino @Smattayu Purple and Gold Brush. Applied the soap to my face and lathered. This soap is a really good lathering soap and if you feed it with enough water...man the consistency is full and rich and slick! No arguments in this department. The shave itself went nicely. And as expected with the creeper version of the soap...the slow intensity of a cold continued to build up and added the overall experience. Three passes in the usual direction and while I can't say that my face is BBS, I can say that it is pretty darn close. Only some slight seepage of the red stuff in the trouble areas of my neck. If I have a complaint with this soap...it's that I wish it had a little more in the way of post shave feel. Just a touch more moisturizing. But honestly, as for the performance of the soap...I don't think many will argue against it.

I got some of Kyle's Ultimate Osage in a trade I did with him a couple of weeks ago...and this is some good stuff. Splashed some on before the other stuff. The brisk menthol contrasted with the the cooling agents in the soap...making my face feel all the more brisk. Did some cleaning on the shaving gear and then went right for the Tangerine Creeper Aftershave. For all the money and details put into the ascetics of this set...I really wish they would have splurged for a restrictor in the bottle. Either way...I probably poured more into my cupped hand than I needed (who am I kidding...pour away), and then splashed vigorously. The freeze is on! More cooling agent and I am feeling like I was transported to Mount Everest after biting into a Peppermint Pattie. It's cold stuff. The scent of this set is nice and bright and fun...but it doesn't last long. So I will have to figure out what else I want to wear!

Wednesday May 20, 2020
2020 Shave # 152 ( 562 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Gem Clog Pruf
Blade: Gem Personna
Brush: TSC Legacy Brush
Soap: CBL Orange Dirt
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Terre D'Hermes
Fragrance: Terre D'Hermes
IMG_20200520_045927133.jpg

20 May, 2020

Incredible shave this morning!! Love the scent of PAA's "Sun Down". Based on a short-lived Gillette aftershave called "Sun Up".

Notes of Talc, Oakmoss, Lemon, Petitgrain, Bergamot, Lavender, Rose, Animalic Musk, Clary Sage, Vetiver & Sandalwood.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Sun Down" Shave Soap / PAA "Solar Flare" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA "Sun Down" Aftershave Splash & Cologne

IMG-3480.jpg

After a good conversation with Frank AKA @Dragonsbeard on the phone yesterday, I was in the mood for Sandalwood today. (it was one of the last things we talked about.)

Showered with Mysore Sandal Soap
1.jpg

Shaved with Vintage AOS Tallow Sandalwood (no pic, it's just in a plain tub)

And finished with Mysore Santal Skin Food!
6.jpg

After a good conversation with Frank AKA @Dragonsbeard on the phone yesterday, I was in the mood for Sandalwood today. (it was one of the last things we talked about.)

Showered with Mysore Sandal Soap
View attachment 24570

Shaved with Vintage AOS Tallow Sandalwood (no pic, it's just in a plain tub)

And finished with Mysore Santal Skin Food!
View attachment 24571
That bar soap looks like the real deal. I told you about mine.

So how was the overall shave experience and especially want to know what you thought of the Mysore Santal EDT Skin Food Splash?

It was a good chat yesterday that I fully enjoyed my friend!
👍🏼😊

That bar soap looks like the real deal.
It should be. They've been making soap since around WWI with oil extracted at the Government Sandalwood Oil factory in Mysore. They also have a GI Tag that says that no one else anywhere in the world can make and market soap as a Mysore Sandalwood soap. I'll get some out to you to try. It smells amazing.

So how was the overall shave experience and especially want to know what you thought of the Mysore Santal EDT Skin Food Splash?
Really good, although admittedly I used too little skin food, as I'm trying to ration it out. Will use more next time. I shouldn't be afraid, it's still going to last me forever. LOL

It was a good chat yesterday that I fully enjoyed my friend!
Me too Frank!

It should be. They've been making soap since around WWI with oil extracted at the Government Sandalwood Oil factory in Mysore. They also have a GI Tag that says that no one else anywhere in the world can make and market soap as a Mysore Sandalwood soap. I'll get some out to you to try. It smells amazing.

Really good, although admittedly I used too little skin food, as I'm trying to ration it out. Will use more next time. I shouldn't be afraid, it's still going to last me forever. LOL

Me too Frank!

Can’t wait to try that bar soap! I got mad love for Mysore Sandalwood and it’s funny I do exactly what you do.. I’m using like half of what I’d normally use but it’s really EDT strength so not as much needed for scent but I like the feel of a good sized splash of the Skin Food to. So I got to get some more Mysore and just always have it in stock. So here’s a new one. I had a phone call from a customer today that asked if he could buy another bottle of the MysoreSantal but put the same fine mist sprayer that’s on the Sucess EDP because not only does he love the smell but his wife does and she wants him to wear it as a cologne. I thought good idea so ones coming home tonight for me with a sprayer on it! Where there’s a will there’s a way is the old saying 😂

21 May, 2020

Good afternoon Cadre!

Sorry for the late post and my deepest apologies to @NurseDave for the lack of "Morning Music". I promise I'll have a good one tomorrow!! Up and out very early this morning, Out to the DMV / License Dept. to renew my DL. I don't think I need to explain what a special level of Hell that is.. After that banking and finally meetings with the lawyer who's handling the Estate / Probate issue. In the process of selling land that was part of the estate. Nothing is easy or fast with any of this.

The day started off great though! Stirling's "Royal" is based on Creed's Millesime Imperial and combines crisp fruit, sea salt, lemon, bergamot, mandarin, iris, musk, woody notes, & marine notes. First time using the "Weekend" aftershave. Very subtle but nice. Opens with a clean / soapy accord and morphs into green and leather notes reminiscent of Paco Rabanne and English Leather. Finished with a few sprays of CK One EdT.

Hope you're all having a great day!!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Royal" Shave Soap / PAA "Green Ray" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Vintage Avon "Weekend" Aftershave / CK One EdT

IMG-3494.jpg

Today's shave is with some goods I just got from our friends at Stirling...
  • Stirling Queen of Hearts shave soap
  • Stirling mentholated pre-shave bar
  • Stirling Glacial aftershave balm

...along with my GC 84 and a BIC Chrome Platinum (2). The shave was good, but a bit sensitive as compared to previous. Only changes were the difference soap scent and the totally new pre-shave. The jury is out still on a pre-shave soap.

Nonetheless, it was a good near BBS Shave.

Ooh and I'm calling Queen of Hearts Spring-like, because it's got fruit in the scent. [emoji846]
98ae9a539155532edd816bfcbca865b8.jpg

Back