The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

27 August, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Back to "Bass-ics" again today here at WMRK Internet Radio.. Wanted to feature a couple more tracks featuring Pino and his stellar fretless bass chops. The first with guitarist Dominic Miller (Sting, Chris Botti) and drummer extraordinaire, Manu Katché.

The second vid is from his stint as bassist for Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails), providing slippery, sinuous fretless grooves to Reznor's song, "Sanctified".

Hope you enjoy!!

"Old Schooling" it back to the 70's again today with some vintage Avon "Tai Winds". This is without a doubt my favorite Avon scent!

Hope you have a great day!! :)

PAA "Immortal Peach" Preshave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / PAA "GArden of Bali" Shave Soap / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Vintage Avon "Tai Winds" Aftershave Splash / Vintage Avon "Tai Winds" EdC

IMG-4238a.jpg

Good reading, Mark. "Graceland" was a landmark album, bringing African music to the forefront of western popular music. Is the 25 year reissue appreciably better than the original? I saw this band when Simon toured with them promoting the album. VERY enjoyable evening of music.

I like the artwork of that soap! Nice read Mark!
Thanks, Pat! Yeah I think that's one of the nicest looking Phoenix Shaving labels.

Good reading, Mark. "Graceland" was a landmark album, bringing African music to the forefront of western popular music. Is the 25 year reissue appreciably better than the original? I saw this band when Simon toured with them promoting the album. VERY enjoyable evening of music.
Agreed on Graceland's landmark status. Not sure about the 25th anniversary edition. I have the original. These just happened to be the vids I pulled off the net. Wow! You got to see him live on this tour?? Color me jealous!!

Good tunes as usual. As a fellow musician, we tend to like a lot of genres with our instrument(s) of choice - Ever hear of Buckethead? He’s an insanely brilliant guitarist who’s recorded with Bassists Bootsy Collins and I believe Les Claypool, to name a few. Some of his stuff might be up your alley 😎

Good tunes as usual. As a fellow musician, we tend to like a lot of genres with our instrument(s) of choice - Ever hear of Buckethead? He’s an insanely brilliant guitarist who’s recorded with Bassists Bootsy Collins and I believe Les Claypool, to name a few. Some of his stuff might be up your alley 😎
Oh, I know who Buckethead is. Was going to see him live at a local music venue but this COVID crap threw a monkey wrench in the works. 😡

Oh, I know who Buckethead is. Was going to see him live at a local music venue but this COVID crap threw a monkey wrench in the works. 😡
Wow that’s a bummer about the show being cancelled. I saw him a few times solo and also saw him back in 2001, I believe, during his stint with GNR or as I like to call that era the “hired guns N’ Axl Rose.”
He’s just an awesome musician and from what I hear, an all around good guy in the music biz.

@BadgerFiend you ever listen to any Devin Townsend? He's another one of my favorite guitarists.
Funny you mention him... I’ve read articles and interviews with him but I don’t think I have listened to him. I will rectify that upon your recommendation and let you know what I think.

:: anxiously waiting by the radio for WMRK to spring to life ::

28 August, 2020

Already took care of the "Morning Music" segment for today. In doing so I've given @NurseDave something to aspire to. 😁

PAA "Immortal Peach" Preshave Soap / PAA "(Praise) John Frum" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Splash / Knize Forest EdT

IMG-4245.jpg

Back