The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

2 July, 2020

Good morning all.

Dragging this morning. Didn't sleep very well last night. But as my signature states, the great shave and hot coffee cures many ills.

In a modern jazz mood this morning so here's a couple from drummer extraordinaire, Dave Weckl. Looking forward to getting the "Eyebrow of Disapproval" from @NurseDave again. Broaden your horizons, man! 😁

Great shave this morning! The Fine products were indeed that! DFS with little effort. Hope everyone has a great day!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Fine "American Blend" Shave Soap / PAA "Solar Flare" Brush / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Fine "American Blend" Aftershave Splash / Fine "American Blend" EdT

IMG-3899-1.JPG

Plus the guy is also a member of The International Organization of Daves. They’re required to support each other.

7 July, 2020

Good morning all.

Apologies for my absence yesterday. I was down with my back, and I mean DOWN! Guess I over did it this weekend. Could barely move so no shave. Was able to shower with the bench the wife and I had installed during the renovation. First, let's get some music going this mornming! I'm in a Doobie Brothers mood so here's one of their best!! Long Train Running.

But it's Tuesday so let's do a Two-Fer!!

The introduction of Michael McDonald was as divisive as when Sammy Hagar joined Van Halen. I never understood it. I liked both iterations. Here's What a Fool Believes.

Hope everyone has a great day!

[No pic]
  • PAA "The Cube 2.0"
  • PAA "Coconut Bay with Lime" Shave Soap
  • PAA "The Peregrino" Brush
  • 1968 Gillette Slim
  • Gillette Silver Blue
  • Alum
  • PAA "Coconut Bay with Lime" Aftershave Splash
  • PAA "Cocunut Bat w/ Lime" Solid Cologne

Last edited:
8 July, 2020

Good morning all!

Feeling better today and by "better" I mean the back pain has gone from excruciating back to the everyday, nagging, "I-can-still-function-but-it's-always-there-like-a-constant-toothache", pain.... 😒 So let's kick off today's "Morning Music" segment here at WMRK Internet Radio with an appropriate selection. Here's Depeche Mode from their 2005 album Playing the Angel with "A Pain That I'm Used To".

Great shave today. St. Martin's Land from Phoenix Shaving is a very green, spicy, herbaceous scent that pairs well with Avon's "Weekend" Aftershave. First use today and I can tell the splash definitely shares DNA with "Deep Woods" with notes of lavender, sage & oakmoss. Finished with a spritz of Brut.

I'm finally getting some feeling back in my face after this morning's shave. I always use the Phoenix Shaving "Ice Cube" preshave soap and that stuff is definitely cold. But today I used their Chill Mill which is literally a menthol crystal pepper mill!! So, keeping the music going, here's The Weekend with I Can't Feel My Face.. Yeah the song's about cocaine but you can achieve the same effect with copious amounts of menthol! 🥶

Hope everyone has a great day!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / PAA "St. Martin's Land" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive Synth / 1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Vintage Avon "Weekend" Aftershave Splash / Brut EdT

IMG-3938.jpg

Last edited:
Back