The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

23 June, 2020

Good morning Cadre.... I'm trying to keep my post to a quieter level in case @NurseDave is sleeping in again..

Nah.. WAKE UP DAVE!!!! It's

MORNING MUSIC

Time here at WMRK Internet Radio!!! Where all the music is good music... Because I said so!!!

Today I'm reaching back into my past with a song that immediately brings to mind school dances from back in the day! Complete with DJ, mirror ball, light show and smoke machine! I was dancing like nobody was watching! From 1982 here's The Gap Band with "You Dropped A Bomb On Me"!

I was beginning to experience the gnawing, uncomfortable feelings of Bay Rum withdrawal so I remedied that today. Barrister & Mann's Bay Rum has become one of my favorite scents.

Hope everyone has a great day.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Barrister & Mann "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Maggard Razors Synthetic / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Barrister & Mann "Bay Rum" Aftershave Splash / PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" EdP

IMG-3830.jpg

Good Stuff Mark...... BTW what watch are you eyeing??????
Thanks Dave. Here’s the one I’m looking at getting.

I like the look of this one as well.

24 June, 2020

Good morning Cadre!

Hope everyone had a pleasant night. @dangerousdon glad you guys are okay brother. Those late night / early morning tornadoes can be deadly! 🌪

Heading back to the 80's again this morning with one of my favorite groups from that era, Duran Duran. Their bassist, John Taylor, IMO is one of the most underrated bassists to ever come out. Dude is funky and very technically proficient! Just listen to him tear it up on the song "Rio". Hope you enjoy. :)

Great shave today! Barrister and Mann's "Saguesera" is a killer scent, Very unique!

Have a great day everyone!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Barrister & Mann "Saguesera" Shave Soap / PAA "The Green Ray" Brush / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black / Alum / Barrister & Mann "Saguesera" Aftershave Splash / M&L Florida Water

IMG-3842.jpg

I totally agree about John Taylor! It took me hours to get that Rio part good enough for my high school band, and I never got it smooth. He and Pino Palladino are my favorite UK bassists.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I totally agree about John Taylor! It took me hours to get that Rio part good enough for my high school band, and I never got it smooth. He and Pino Palladino are my favorite UK bassists.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah Pino is a monster!

Love this video with John Mayer.

I seriously want a decanter with with a couple of rocks glasses on desk a la the good ole days.
Right? I want one of these!

bar-globe-open.jpg

Heading back to the 80's again this morning with one of my favorite groups from that era, Duran Duran.
I love Duran Duran. I was just listening to them last night. And Rio is one of my favorite songs. I named my favorite Tarantula "Rio", after that song, because she "dances on the sand!"

Back