The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Weird... I'm not seeing it on any other site I've visited... :unsure:

Are you accessing on a work computer or work device by chance? If not you could always try clearing the site cache and cookies but that will probably log you out.

23 May, 2020

Good afternoon Cadre!

Late post but early shave. Been a busy day! New soap today. PAA's "The Wow! Signal"... Great scent and the CK-6 base is always stellar. Notes of Osmanthus, Tobacco, Labdanum, Bourbon, Agarwood, and Benzoin Resin. Finished with a splash of "Deep Woods".

LOVING this little brush! Soft and whips up a great lather in no time!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "The Wow! Signal" Shave Soap / PAA "Solar Flare" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Voskhod / Alum / Avon "Deep Woods" Aftershave Splash

IMG-3522.jpg

No, I'm at home.. Experiencing it on iPhone, laptop and desktop computers.
That could be an issue with an upline DNS server. You can give it a day to refresh, or try a public DNS server like Google on your desktop to test it. If using the Google DNS server makes your desktop load normally, but the problem remains on other devices, then that would point even more strongly to the problem being the service provider's DNS server. It depends on how comfortable you are fiddling with your machine's network settings. If you're not comfortable, I'd say wait it out for a day, and then try your service provider's support line. Be prepared to wait.
006c92450bf08b513c4304665f5e6660.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That could be an issue with an upline DNS server. You can give it a day to refresh, or try a public DNS server like Google on your desktop to test it. If using the Google DNS server makes your desktop load normally, but the problem remains on other devices, then that would point even more strongly to the problem being the service provider's DNS server. It depends on how comfortable you are fiddling with your machine's network settings. If you're not comfortable, I'd say wait it out for a day, and then try your service provider's support line. Be prepared to wait.

You hepcats and all your fancy lingo! ;)😁

Good idea. I’ll see if there’s a difference tomorrow and if not I’ll call the company’s IT guy and get him to investigate further.

Me, I’m a hardware guy. All that IP DNS stuff of Greek to me. LOL! 😵

I was going to say pretty much the same thing but I was going to use different words, like ...”power down, wait 10 seconds and power back up. Clear your cache and log back in”. Ok that’s not the exact same thing but it’s what the tech guy would say.
We did have a very unrelated issue with email servers this morning, I wouldn’t put it past the host to have had other transient issues.

24 May, 2020

Oh man, what a great day. This is the kind of day that makes me look forward to retirement! I'm eligible in five years!

Sorry for the late post. Been busy today but wanted to get it in before I'm nodding off in my recliner. LOL!

Today's shave brought to you by Stirling Soap Co.... Island Man with its notes of bergamot, lime, mandarin, coconut, jasmine, hibiscus, ylang-ylang, ginger, sugarcane, musk, and rum was perfect for a day like today! Went with it all; soap, splash and EdT. My wife loves the sent!

Hope everyone weekend is going great!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" Shave Soap / RazoRock 400 Synthetic Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Voskhod / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" Aftershave Splash / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" EdT

IMG-3531.jpg

Last edited:
25 May, 2020

Good afternoon Cadre!

Two-and-a-half hours into the first three of the 3-2-1 method (for ribs) so I thought I'd post up my SOTD.

Coconut + Bay Rum + Lime = One damn fine shave! Another great scent. The wife loves it. So, if you get the wife's seal of approval, you know it's good!

Hope everyone's have a great holiday!

PAA "The Cube " / PAA "Coconut Bay with Lime" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim / Gillette Nacet
Alum / PAA "Coconut Bay with Lime" Aftershave Splash / PAA "Coconut Bay with Lime" Solid Cologne

IMG-3536.jpg

Last edited:
26 May, 2020

Good morning Cadre!

Unnnnnn.. Back to the grind stone... Weekends like this past one make me look forward to retirement!

Today's "Morning Music" features The Rippingtons track "Aspen" from their 1992 album Live in LA, with mullets galore!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Cold Spices" Shave Soap / PAA "Peregrino" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Nacet / Alum / PAA "Cold Spices" Aftershave / Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" EdT

IMG-3546.jpg

Last edited:
All I can say is it's about time!

Dropped an order with Italian Barber which shipped out May 11.. 15 days later it's finally showing "out for delivery"..

Back