The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

13 May, 2020

Good morning all!

Today's "Morning Music" brought to by Jazz Bassist extraordinaire, John Patitucci..

AdP Colonia is a scent that fit's this month's bill perfectly! Sicilian Citrus, Lemon Verbena, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine & Rosemary along with Amber and Musk. One of my favorite, year-round scents.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Piacenza" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Piacenza" Aftershave Splash / AdP "Colonia" EdC

IMG-3380.jpg

Clicked on your music because it looked like the yelling would be minimal. Nice morning stuff Mr B.

I tired to listen to this artist last night. They are doing "Live from home" streamings of artists from Blue Note NY. Couldn't get it to work, but you made me remember to look her up.

I tired to listen to this artist last night. They are doing "Live from home" streamings of artists from Blue Note NY. Couldn't get it to work, but you made me remember to look her up.

WOW! Very nice!! Can't believe I've never heard of her. Gonna have to check out some more stuff by her. Thanks for posting this!

One thing I’ll remain appreciative for when I would have to make moderate commutes for seminary classes is Cap Radio and their constant flowing stream of jazz tunes. Helped pass the time and keep the stress off.

14 May, 2020

Good morning all!

@Somnos has me in a Jazz mood so today's "Morning Music" comes to you courtesy of the great Art Blakey.

For today's shave I'm heading west for a soap with a scent that as dry as the city it's made in at 3pm on a sunny day in July; Phoenix Shaving's "Solstice".

Notes of Sage, Sweetgrass, Cedar & Rose Absolute along with Benzoin Resin.

Great shave. The CK-6 base is magic in a jar! Finished with a splash of Ogallala Bay Rum, Sage & Cedar.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Solstice" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Ogallala Bay Rum, Sage & Cedar Aftershave Splash

IMG-3386.jpg

15 May, 2020

Good morning all! Today's "Morning Music" brought to you by @Morecolor and Pat Metheny. Hope everyone has a great day!!

I was beginning to have lime withdrawals so....

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" Shave Soap / PAA "The Solar Flare" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" Aftershave Splash

IMG-3403.jpg

Another episode of Morning Music with Mark. Nice.
It's WMRK Internet Radio! All music that's good music*!! All day long!!

giphy.gif

*According to me. :cool:

18 May, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you had a great weekend!

Ahhh.. Old Spice!

Notes of Lemon, Orange, Carnation, Jasmine, Geranium, Heliotropium & Cedar among many, many more! Woods and flowers for the month of May!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Yaqi 28mm Brush / B & M Reserve "Spice" Shave Soap / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Old Spice Aftershave Splash (Indian)

IMG-3454.jpg

Back