The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

11 May, 2020

Good morning all!

HALLELUJAH!!!!

Barber shops open back up today here in the state!! And not a moment too soon! I'm starting to look like an extra from Welcome Back Kotter..

PAA's "Strange Island" on the brush today. Very unique scent. Dry with antiseptic-like, nigh "medicinal" characteristics. The Sage and lavender are very forward with the Copaiba Balsam adding some light woody notes underneath. Great scent and a nice change-up.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Phoenix Shaving "Strange Island" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Silver Blue Blade / Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Strange Island" Aftershave Cologne

IMG-3366.jpg

Better you than me man. I won't be sitting in one of those chair for quite some time.
I'm sure I wont be able to get in for a while yet.. There'll undoubtedly be a crush of people trying to get it. There are conditions for the reopening. It's by appointment only, no walk ins. No sitting in the lobby. You go in and check in and return and wait in your car. Stuff like that..

12 May, 2020

Good morning all!

Today's "Morning Music" brought to you by the prog-rock super-group Transatlantic. From 2000, here's 'All of the Above' from the album SMPT:e

For today's shave I went with one of my favorite soaps and scents; Phoenix Shaving's CaD. According to the website it's patterned after an unnamed canned shaving foam. Don't know which one it is but I love it!Very refreshing my wife absolutely loves it. After I bought the soap and splash I went ahead and sprung for the EdP as well. Hell, I went so far as to get one of their car vent clips with this fragrance to keep in my truck!

Notes of Rose, Bergamot, Oakmoss & Vetiver along with Talc, Coumarin and Musk

Hope everyone has a great day!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "CaD" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Brush / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA "CaD" Aftershave Cologne / PAA "CaD" EdP

IMG-3371.jpg

According to the website it's patterned after an unnamed canned shaving foam. Don't know which one it is but I love it!
I believe it was the old Barbasol. It also gets mentioned a lot in the same breath as Rive Gauche clones like Fine American Blend.

Back