The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Mark gets to go into the Matrix!!
For a while at least after they administer the sedative.

giphy.gif

6 May, 2020

Rush shave this morning before heading to the hospital for my injections. Went with Fine's "Aquamarine" & "M&L Florida Water".. THe soap is my go-to-in-a-hurry soap and I wanted to try the splash since i was new. It's light scent wouldn't be too out of place at the hospital.

Notes from today's shave; lemon, sweet orange, oakmoss, driftwood from the soap and bergamot, neroli, lemon, lavender, rose & orange flower from the splash (other notes as well but these apply to the month's shave theme).

Fine "Aquamarine" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" synth brush / 1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / M&L Florida Water splash

IMG-3323.jpg

Is this actually a FW aftershave? Or you mean just the regular FW?
Regular FW I assume. Didn’t know there were different versions. Worked well as an AS splash. No more “burn” to me than your typical alcohol-based splash.

6 May, 2020

Rush shave this morning before heading to the hospital for my injections. Went with Fine's "Aquamarine" & "M&L Florida Water".. THe soap is my go-to-in-a-hurry soap and I wanted to try the splash since i was new. It's light scent wouldn't be too out of place at the hospital.

Notes from today's shave; lemon, sweet orange, oakmoss, driftwood from the soap and bergamot, neroli, lemon, lavender, rose & orange flower from the splash (other notes as well but these apply to the month's shave theme).

Fine "Aquamarine" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" synth brush / 1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / M&L Florida Water splash

View attachment 23176
nice stuff been interested to hear more about the Aquamarine

7 May, 2020

Good morning all! Today's shave brought to you by Phoenix Shaving's "Black Bot" and Avon's "Öland". Great combination with (in addition to musk) bergamot, lavender, oakmoss & cedar from the soap coupled with the bay leaf, woody, tobacco scent from the splash.

Hope everyone has a great day!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Black Bot" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Vintage Avon "Öland" Splash

IMG-3329.jpg

Last edited:
7 May, 2020

Good morning all! Today's shave brought to you by Phoenix Shaving's "Black Bot" and Avon's "Öland". Great combination with (in addition to musk) bergamot, lavender, oakmoss & cedar from the soap coupled with the bay leaf, woody, tobacco scent from the splash.

Hope everyone has a great day!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Black Bot" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1970 Gillette Super
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Vintage Avon "Öland" Splash

View attachment 23261
That is a nice smelling fruity forest! Love your Super Adjustable too!

Back