The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Nope.. Telecommunication companies are considered a utility so, I'm "essential".. Still have to make that grueling 5 minute commute to work every day. 😩
Sorry man, that's rough*

17 April, 2020

Good morning all! My TSC Group Buy goody box arrived yesterday and (of course) I had to use something new to me. Lisa's "Barber Shoppe" soap and balm smelled wonderful so I used it this morning. Got a great shave. The lather was very slick but not much cushion. Not sure but it may have been due to the hard water in my area. I'll have to keep working with it.

Something about the scent reminded me of Clubman's Whiskey Woods splash so I put some on after the balm was absorbed and the scent complemented the soap/balm nicely!

Finished with some Paul Sebastian. Great was to start the day!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Proraso Pre / LNHC "Barber Shoppe" Soap / Stirling Badger / Gillette Slim / Gillette 7 O'clock Black
LNHC "Barber Shoppe" ASB / Clubman Whiskey Woods / Paul Sebastian EdC

IMG-3177.jpg

I had to use something new to me. Lisa's "Barber Shoppe" soap and balm smelled wonderful so I used it this morning. Got a great shave. The lather was very slick but not much cushion. Not sure but it may have been due to the hard water in my area. I'll have to keep working with it.
I surmised that, for me, Lisa’s is a great soap that has it all, it just takes some surface space and a good amount of work with the brush to get that full range. I get great slickness and a decent coat with a little work, but to bring out an abundance of cushion, it takes a good amount of whipping, probably best obtainable by bowl latherers.

I surmised that, for me, Lisa’s is a great soap that has it all, it just takes some surface space and a good amount of work with the brush to get that full range. I get great slickness and a decent coat with a little work, but to bring out an abundance of cushion, it takes a good amount of whipping, probably best obtainable by bowl latherers.
Great tip! I face lathered this morning. Next time I use it, I'll use the bowl. :cool: (y)

20 April, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

Day 20 of "April Shave Theme A-B-C" Edition

T is for "Tropical"

Proraso Pre / PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" Soap / PAA Peregrino Synth / Stirling Silicone Bowl / 1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'clock Black / Alum / PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" Splash / PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" EdP

IMG-3190.jpg

21 April, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you have a wonderful day!! :)

Proraso Pre / RazoRock "Acqua" Soap / Yaqi "Mysterious Space" Synth / Stirling Silicone Bowl / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue Blade / Alum / PAA Star Jelly / RazoRock "Acqua" Splash

IMG-3208.jpg

22 April, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you have a great day!

Man, can't believe I missed it!! April 21... If you're a fan of John Carpenter movies you'll know the significance of that date... Normally watch the movie on that day. I'll just watch it tonight. John wont know.. 😁

Day 22 of "April Shave Theme A-B-C" Edition

V is for Vetiver

Proraso Pre / CBL "V For Vetiver" Soap / WCS 26mm Synth / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Fine "Green Vetiver" Splash / Guerlain Vetiver EdT

IMG-3212.jpg

Back