The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

27 April, 2020

Today I revisited the letter "B". If you recall, Day 2 for me was a coin flip between "Bay Rum" & "Barbershop". The later won that round so today I went with....

Letter "B" Part 2 (Electric Boogaloo) - "Bay Rum" Edition

The B&M Bay Rum is very similar to the Phoenix Shaving Atomic Age Bay Rum. Perhaps a bit dryer / less sweet than AABR and at the end of the day, I still prefer the Phoenix Shaving version.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / B&M "Bay Rum" / PAA "Atomic Rocket" 26mm Synth
1964 Gillette Slim / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Layrite № 9 Splash

IMG-3242.jpg

28 April, 2020

Good morning everyone!

Revisiting the letter "E" today. Missed it the first time around. I don't really have anything that directly relates to "E" so I had to get creative.. Looking on Stirling's web page, they list one of the attributes of "Hipster" as "earthy". So, having nothing else that fits and really wanting to try the soap...

E is for "Earthy"

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling "Hipster" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" 24mm Synth / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling "Hipster" Splash / PAA Unscented Star Jelly

IMG-3247.jpg

I believe that falls perfectly within the "sometimes you have to wing it" spirit of the abc shave month lol.

I believe that falls perfectly within the "sometimes you have to wing it" spirit of the abc shave month lol.
Hey, I was just wanting to try the soap! LOL!! It's been sitting on the counter since my TSC Anniversary Box arrived and I would just open the tub and smell it..

Today was the day!! ☺

Hey, I was just wanting to try the soap! LOL!! It's been sitting on the counter since my TSC Anniversary Box arrived and I would just open the tub and smell it..

Today was the day!! ☺
I don't blame you lol. I was happy that "S" day fell a day or two after I got my package so I didn't have to wait long.

I've got some Hipster on the way. I can't wait to try it out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Great soap!! I really like the Stirling soap base but when I combine it with "The Cube" from Phoenix Shaving, it's slicker than liquid Jesus on a Teflon surface in Zero G!

It's a great scent too. Reminds me a of their "Mountain Man" scent. They're similar but there are subtle difference. I'd venture that if you had both, you could mix mix up soaps & splashes and have interesting combinations.

Hallelujah!!!!

Our Governor just announced a partial easing of the state shutdown. Elective medical procedures can now happen. Just called and got the ball rolling for some lumbar injections!!

ljQHUm5.gif

29 April, 2020

Revisiting the letter "J" on this, the penultimate day of "April Shave Theme A-B-C Edition"

J is for Juniper

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Gin & Tonic" Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Gin & Tonic" Splash

IMG-3254.jpg

Back