The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

22 April, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you have a great day!

Man, can't believe I missed it!! April 21... If you're a fan of John Carpenter movies you'll know the significance of that date... Normally watch the movie on that day. I'll just watch it tonight. John wont know.. 😁

Day 22 of "April Shave Theme A-B-C" Edition

V is for Vetiver

Proraso Pre / CBL "V For Vetiver" Soap / WCS 26mm Synth / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Fine "Green Vetiver" Splash / Guerlain Vetiver EdT

View attachment 21699
Okay...I'll bite. Which movie are we talking about?

Great shave by the way! Can't go wrong with CBL, Fine Green Vetiver, or a Slim!

Gotcha! Maybe I will watch it tonight with the wife!
🎆WATCH PARTY!!!!🎆

giphy.gif

23 April, 2020

Good morning all. Hope you had a pleasant night and have a wonderful day!

Day 23 of "April Shave Theme A-B-C" Edition

W is for Wood

Yeah maybe it's a stretch but it's all I could come up with! New brush this morning and I gotta say I was REALLY impressed with it. It's a Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Rocket" synthetic and it's (so far) the one that's come closest to the feel and performance of badger. Gonna try a face lather next time and see how it works as that's always been the synth's "Achilles' Heel". This brush could give my 28mm Yaqi a run for its money!

PAA The Cube 2.0 / Stirling "Ramblin' Man Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Synth / Stirling Silicone Bowl
1964 Gillette Slim / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling "Ramblin' Man Splash / Creed "Himalaya"

IMG-3217.jpg

Never heard of the Creed Himalaya, but given its lineage, I'm sure it smells fantastic. Good morning to you too, Mark!

Great shave Mark!

New brush this morning and I gotta say I was REALLY impressed with it. It's a Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Rocket" synthetic and it's (so far) the one that's come closest to the feel and performance of badger. Gonna try a face lather next time and see how it works as that's always been the synth's "Achilles' Heel". This brush could give my 28mm Yaqi a run for its money!
The 26mm Plissoft is a great knot for sure. Same knot as in the RR Big Bruce if you wanted handle options!

I face lather every day with synthetic brushes. Dip the tips, swirl the puck (or previously soap stick prepared face) and lather away. Dip the tips as needed for more water.

I face lather every day with synthetic brushes. Dip the tips, swirl the puck (or previously soap stick prepared face) and lather away. Dip the tips as needed for more water.
I’ve never had much luck face lathering with synths. Badgers are fine. Curious to see how the Plisoft knot does

I start with a dry brush, with just the very tips dipped in water. If I dip the whole knot in, even if I shake and squeeze it out, I get very runny lather.

I start with a dry brush, with just the very tips dipped in water. If I dip the whole knot in, even if I shake and squeeze it out, I get very runny lather.
Well I shave in the shower so my approach is a little different. 😉

24 April, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you're having a great day! TGIF

Used the Atomic Rocket again this morning with a face lather and it was fantastic! This has now become my #1! That Plissoft knot is simply amazing! Anyone else watch the NFL Draft last night? Was glad to see Tua Tagovailoa get picked up. Hope he has a long and fruitful career.

Day 23 of "April Shave Theme A-B-C" Edition

X is for xXx

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / RazoRock "xXx" Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA Star Jelly / RazoRock "xXx" Splash

IMG-3223.jpg

Back