The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

A boy came home from his first bass lesson. His dad asked him how it went. "Today we learned the E string."

The boy came home from his second lesson and dad asked him how it went. "Today we learned the A string."

The boy came home from his third lesson. Dad asked, "So did you learn the D string today?"

"Nope. Today I had a gig."

14 April, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you have a great day!

Day 14 of "April Shave Theme A-B-C" Edition

N is for Nomad

1.jpg

Proraso Prep / Zingari Man "Nomad" / Stirling HMW Badger / 1968 Slim / Silver Blue / Alum / PAA Star Jelly
Layrite № 9 / PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum EdP

LOL Seriously though, it's just another traditional bay rum offering. A great one too!

So have I. Great soap base and a very interesting take on the traditional bay rum.
I’ve only used Explorer so far, a clone of Bulgari Wood Essence I think. I’m always looking for another bay rum though, so might have to give Nomad a try.

15 April, 2020

Good morning all!! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Day 15 of "April Shave Theme A-B-C" Edition

O is for Oud

Proraso Pre / CBL Black Rose Oud / Yaqi Synth / Stirling Silicone Bowl / 1968 Gillette Slim / Silver Blue

Alum / Coral Skin Food / Dior Leather Oud
IMG-3170.jpg

Dior Leather Oud is a fantastic scent. Nice set up today.
Agreed! It's one of my all-time favorites! Gotta be careful with it in the Alabama summer heat and humidity though. It can get a little cloying. I typically reserve it for cooler weather months. Luckily for me, we had a cold front come through this weekend! :cool: (y)

16 April, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you have a great day! Slow going this morning. Need more coffee... Preferably with some crystal meth stirred in.. :sleep:

Day 16 of "April Shave Theme A-B-C" Edition

P
is for Proraso, Phoenix Shaving "Porthos" & "Pierre Cardin"

Proraso Pre / PAA "Porthos Soap / Tech Hive Synth / Stirling Silicone Bowl / Gillette Slim / 7 O'clock Black
Alum / PAA Unscented Star Jelly / Floid Vigoroso / Pierre Cardin EdC

IMG-3173.jpg

Back