The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

You have a good one too Mark! Any virtual gigs this weekend?
No, we're on lock-down until further notice. We have a list of about a dozen new songs we're learning though. More to be added I'm sure. So this weekend, after yard work, I'll be rearranging my studio and begin working on them. I'll also be getting things ready to go back to writing my own material. Back in the 90's and early 2000's I began writing my own, purely instrumental music. Then m y car accident happened which put me out of commission for almost a year. After that I began playing in various bands around the area and put my own project on the back burner. Lately I'm been yearning to get back into it.

The music I write is a mash up of "cinematic", world, New Age" type stuff. I've always wanted to put my own band together and perform that music out live. Unfortunately, not many people wanting to do that type music in my area. LOL!

13 April, 2020

Good morning all! Spent another night dodging tornadoes! Nothing too close fortunately. Massive amounts of rain though. Two houses across from mine had their garages flooded with about 8 inches of water!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Day 13 of "April Shave Theme A-B-C" Edition

M is for Menthol

This is the coldest soap / aftershave combo I've ever used. Colder than Osage Rub... Colder than B&M's "Terror". Best face-freezer out there IMO!

IMG-3162.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" w/ Menthol
Stirling Soap Co. "Lemon Chill" Shave Soap
28mm Yaqi Tuxedo Synthetic
1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue
Alum
PAA Unscented Star Jelly

Stirling Soap Co. "Lemon Chill" Splash

Last edited:
Back