The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

17 September, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Going with a couple today from Aussie Prog Rockers, Karnivool. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent Aqua Velva homage, "Sacré Bleu" shave soap. Great scent and fantastic lather built with the Brad Sears "Gus" 2-band select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Red Tip and I finished with Williams "Aqua Velva" after shave splash and vintage Avon "Tai Winds" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Will probably be lurking tomorrow. Taking off work to be at the house while work on the master bath continues.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements / Brad Sears / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / Williams / Avon

IMG_5520.jpg

19 September, 2024

Getting my 80's on today with a couple from English Synth-Pop duo, Pet Shop Boys. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Saponificio Varesino and their excellent "Dolomiti" shave soap & ASL. Great scent and fantastic lather built with the Paladin "El Dorado" 2-band select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Red Tip and I finished with the matching ASL.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Not much to report. Nice chill day off yesterday. Did get my order in from Bagel Boss NY yesterday. 6 "Everything" bagels, 3 "Onion" bagels & 3 "Garlic". Really good but not as good as the ones from Ess-a-Bagel.

Saponificio Varesino / Paladin / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's

IMG_5525.jpg

20 September, 2024

Closing out the workweek with a couple from Queens of the Stone Age. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Taylor of Old Bond Street and their excellent "Lime Zest" shave cream. Great scent and fantastic lather built with the Paladin "Chief" 2-band select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Red Tip and I finished with the matching vintage Shulton "Old Spice" ASL & EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Again, not much to report. Still dealing with the leg / back issues but it seems to be slowly improving. Still have to be careful walking as the left leg will still buckle under me from time to time.

Taylor of Old Bond Street / Paladin / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / Shulton

IMG_5526.jpg

21 September, 2024

It's "Synthwave Saturday" so here's a live stream for your listening pleasure.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Furbo and their excellent "Vintage Blu" shave soap. Great classic Floid Blue scent and fantastic lather built with the Paladin "PK-47" 2-band select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Red Tip and I finished with RazoRock "Blue Barbershop" aftershave splash.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Chill day at the house. Alabama is on a bye week so flipping back and forth among several games. Will definitely be watching the Tennessee Oklahoma game later.

Furbo / Paladin / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / RazoRock

IMG_5537.jpg

23 September, 2024

Kicking off Monday with a couple from The Psychedelia Furs. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Skipped yesterday so today's shave was extra nice! Returned to Taylor of Old Bond Street and their excellent "Lime Zest" shave cream. Great scent and fantastic lather built with the Paladin "Chief" 2-band select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Red Tip and I finished with the matching vintage Shulton "Old Spice" ASL & EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Low key weekend. Not complaining.

Taylor of Old Bond Street / Paladin / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / Shulton

IMG_5526.jpg

24 September, 2024

Going with a couple from The Cars today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Saponificio Varesino and their excellent "Dolomiti" shave soap & ASL. I've mentioned it before that this is my favorite SV offering. Love the way my face feels after using it. Great scent and fantastic lather built with the Paladin "PK-47" 2-band select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super Speed and I finished with the matching aftershave lotion & Pierre Cardin "Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Decent night's sleep. Had some weird dreams though.

Saponificio Varesino / Paladin / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / Pierre Cardin

IMG_5542.jpg

25 September, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm going with a couple from American rockers, Faith and the Muse. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to the TOBS "Lime Zest" cream. Great scent and lather built with the Brad Sears "Gus" 2-Band Select Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super Speed and I finished with vintage Shulton Old Spice "Fresh Lime" AS and "Old Spice" EdC

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Work coming along on the bathroom renovation. Tile's going up on the walls. Still have the floor to go and grouting. Will be do glad when it's finished.

IMG_1647.jpgIMG_1648.jpgIMG_1649.jpg

TOBS "Lime Zest" / Brad Sears / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / Shulton

IMG_5543.jpg

26 September, 2024

Going with a couple today from Jazz Fusion collective, Snarky Puppy. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent Aqua Velva homage, "Sacré Bleu" shave soap. Great scent and fantastic lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Samurai" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Red Tip and I finished with Williams "Aqua Velva" aftershave splash and Czech & Speake "Frankincense & Myrrh" EdP.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Not much to report. Work continues on the renovation. Was hoping it would be done this week, but it doesn't look like it will. Bracing for some wind and rain from hurricane Helene.

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements / Wild West Brushworks / Gillette / Wizamet / Quinn's / Williams / Czech & Speake

IMG_5554.jpg

Back