The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Nice shave Mark. By the way you do know it’s September, right?😂😂😂
giphy.gif

2 August, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Find you own music Friday". Just not feeling it this morning... :sleep:

Great shave this morning. Possibly edging out Tuesday's. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their 4711 dupe, "11235" shave soap. Great 4711 scent with incredible lather built with the Paladin "Mandarin" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Fatboy and I finished with "4711" aftershave splash and EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Rough night of tossing and turning. Woke up feeling more tired than when I went to bed last night. Coffee and a great shave are helping.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements / Paladin / Fatboy / Wizamet / 4711

IMG_5334.jpg

3 August, 2024

It's "Synthwave Saturday" so here's a live stream for you. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their Aqua Velva dupe, "Sacré Bleu" shave soap. Great classic AV scent with incredible lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Reload" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super Speed and I finished with vintage "Aqua Velva - Ice Blue" aftershave splash.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Better nights sleep last night. Glad too. Not much planned for today. Have a memorial service to go to later.

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements / Wild West Brushworks / Super Speed / Wizamet / Aqua Velva

IMG_5340.jpg

4 August, 2024

A relaxing "Blade Runner" themed live stream for your Sunday . Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to my vintage Shulton "Old Spice" shave soap, ASL & cologne. Great old school scent with incredible lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 1 Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Fatboy.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Really great memorial service yesterday. Some tears but mostly great memories.

Shulton Old Spice / Simpson / Fatboy / Wizamet

IMG_5346.jpg

5 August, 2024

It's "Metal Monday" so here's a couple from French metallers, Gojira. If you didn't catch the opening ceremony of the Olympics, you missed quite a show. Hope you enjoy.

Everyone deserves a shave as great as the one I had this morning. Returned to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's excellent "Nuage De Citron" soap & splash. Bright and tart lemon scent with incredible lather built with the Paladin "El Dorado" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S, and I finished with the matching skin food splash and Alvarez Gómez "Agua de Colonia Concentrada" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Another hot and muggy stretch of weather in store. This has been the hottest summer I can remember. 🥵 ☀️

ETHOS Grooming Essentials / Paladin / Rockwell / Wizamet / Alvarez Gómez

IMG_5352.jpg

6 August, 2024

Going with a couple today from Post Punk English rockers, Joy Division. Hope you enjoy.

Another outstanding shave this morning. Returned to CBL Soaps and the @BarberDave bespoke line, "Spaghetti Western" soap & tonic. Bright Colonia-like scent with added notes of sun-dried clay and leather. Phenomenal lather built with the Paladin "Falstaff" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super Speed, and I finished with the matching aftershave tonic and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Not much to report. Life is HOT, but good. 🤪

CBL Soaps / Paladin / Super Speed / Wizamet / Acqua di Parma

IMG_5359.jpg

12 August, 2024

It's "Metal Monday" and so I'm going with a couple from Tamp, FL rockers, Kamelot. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave with which to kick off the workweek. Returned to Saponificio Varesino and their excellent "70th Anniversary" soap & ASL. Fantastic scent and phenomenal lather built with the SV Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Aristocrat, and I finished with the matching aftershave lotion.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Great to be back online. Very busy weekend so all I could do was lurk.

Saponificio Varesino / Aristocrat / Wizamet

IMG_5400.jpg

13 August, 2024

Going with a couple today from British rockers, Sleep Token. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Today's theme was "Lime" and I kicked it off with Stirling Soap Company's excellent "Lime" shave soap. Fantastic scent and phenomenal lather built with the Paladin "Falstaff" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Aristocrat, and I finished with ETHOS Grooming Essentials Custom Blend "Lime EO" skin food splash and Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Very nice respite from the high humidity the last few days, but beginning tomorrow we're back in the sauna. 🥵 ☀️

Stirling Soap Co. / Paladin / Aristocrat / Wizamet / ETHOS / Giorgio Armani

IMG_5405.jpg

14 August, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm going with a couple from 10,000 Maniacs and singer Natalie Merchant. Hope you enjoy.

Outstanding shave this morning! Returned to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's excellent "Shave MD" shave soap and splash. Great year round, but this soap and aroma blend really shines in the warmer months. Fantastic citrus soda scent with phenomenal lather built with the Paladin "Marley" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super Speed, and I finished with the matching skin food splash and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Not much to report. Life is good. 😃

ETHOS Grooming Essentials / Paladin / Super Speed / Wizamet / Acqua di Parma

IMG_5421.jpg

15 August, 2024

Gettin' Gothy with it this morning with a couple from English rockers, Bauhaus. Hope you enjoy.

Outstanding shave this morning! Returned to my vintage Old Spice shave soap, splash & EdC. Great old school scent with phenomenal lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 1 Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Aristocrat, and I finished with the matching aftershave lotion & EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: My coffee needs coffee this morning.. :sleep: :coffee:

Shulton Old Spice / Simpson / Aristocrat / Wizamet

IMG_5429.jpg

16 August, 2024

Going with a couple from New Wave rockers, Oingo Boingo. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave with which to close out the workweek! Returned to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's excellent "Fresco" shave soap & splash. Great citrus-aromatic scent with lime notes along with basil & spearmint. Incredible lather built with the Paladin "Falstaff" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer, and I finished with the skin food splash & Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Hot again today but storms moving in later. Supposed to knock down the heat and humidity for the next few days. That's fine by me!!

ETHOS Grooming Essentials / Paladin / RazoRock / Wizamet / Armani

IMG_5439.jpg

Back