The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

10 July, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and I'm going with a couple featuring the incredible Annie Lennox. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. New cream day with the arrival of "60's Cologne" from Ariana & Evans. Fantastic old school "Brut" scent, with excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Emerald Silver" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "META-4" and I finished with Brut "Original" aftershave splash & EdT.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Hump day!!!! Half way through the week. We're almost there!!

Hope you have a great day. :)

A&E "60's Cologne" Shaving Cream / WWBW "Emerald Silver" Sweet Spot Badger Brush / PAA "META-4"
Wizamet / Alum / Brut "Original" Aftershave Splash / Brut "Original" EdT

IMG_5178.jpg

11 July, 2024

Going with a couple from Irish rockers, Thin Lizzy today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Shulton for a classic "Old Spice" shave. Fantastic scent, with excellent lather built with the Shavemac 120 ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super Speed and I finished with the matching aftershave lotion & vintage Avon "Brisk Spice EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Not much to report. Hoping for a chill day at the office. Slight reprieve from the high humidity yesterday but it's returning for the weekend. Going to check flights to Utqiagvik (formerly Barrow) Alaska...

Shulton "Old Spice" Shaving Soap / Shavemac 120 ST Badger Brush / Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Shulton "Old Spice" Aftershave Lotion / Avon "Brisk Spice" EdC

IMG_5183.jpg

12 July, 2024

It's "Fusion Friday" and today I'm going with a couple from keyboardist / composer, Derek Sherinian. Hope you enjoy.

Outstanding shave with which to close out the workweek. Returned to Martin de Candre and their "Agrumes" shave soap. Fantastic citrus scent, with phenomenal lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S and I finished with Myrsol "Agua de Limón" aftershave lotion & Alvarez Gómez "Agua de Colonia Concentrada" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: It's Friday! 'Nuff said!!

Martin de Candre "Agrumes" Shaving Soap / WWBW "Canyon" ST Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S / Wizamet
Alum / Myrsol "Agua de Limón" Aftershave Lotion / Alvarez Gómez "Agua de Colonia Concentrada" EdC

IMG_5190.jpg

13 July, 2024

It's "Synthwave Saturday" so here's a playlist for your evening. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their "Sacré Bleu" shave soap. Wonderful classic Aqua Velva scent with incredible lather built with the Paladin "Chief" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Aristocrat and I finished with Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" aftershave splash.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Whew! Miserably hot today. I'm ready for fall...

giphy.gif

Hope you have a great evening. :)

PAA "Sacré Bleu" Shave Soap / Paladin "Chief" 2-Band Badger Brush / Gillette Aristocrat
Wizamet / Alum / Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" Aftershave Splash

IMG_5199.jpg

14 July, 2024

A relaxing "Downtempo / Psybient" mix for you today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Ariana & Evans and their excellent "Cuban Highball" shave soap. Nice boozy, Mojito scent with incredible lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Kokopelli" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Schick injector and I finished with Murray & Lanman "Florida Water" & Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Chill day planned. Hope it works out that way.

A&E "Cuban Highball" Shave Soap / WWBW "Kokopelli" Sweet Spot Badger Brush / Schick Injector
Wizamet / Alum / Murray & Lanman "Florida Water" / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

IMG_5206.jpg

15 July, 2024

A couple today from American guitarist / composer, Greg Howe. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to my vintage Shulton "Old Spice" shave soap. Great old school scent with incredible lather built with the Simpson "Commodore" X3 best badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Fatboy and I finished with Shulton Old Spice "Fresh Lime" & Creed "Erolfa" EdP.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Some beneficial rain, along with and a much welcomed reprieve from the heat and humidity, is coming this week. And when I say "much needed", I mean it. We haven't had any appreciable rainfall since early June.

Shulton "Old Spice" Shave Soap / Simpson "Commodore" X3 Best Badger Brush / Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet / Alum / Shulton "Old Spice - Fresh Lime" ASL / Creed "Erolfa" EdP

IMG_5213.jpg

Back