The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

21 June, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Going with a couple more from guitarist Mark Lettieri . Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave with which to close out the workweek! Had another shave planned but changed this morning, deciding to go back to the Shulton "Old Spice" shaving soap & ASL. Great old school scent with exceptional lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 1 Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Fatboy and I finished with the matching aftershave lotion & vintage Avon "Brisk Spice" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Friday has finally arrived and there's another hot weekend in store. Starting to get dry around here.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Shulton "Old Spice" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" Manchurian Badger Brush / Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet / Alum / Shulton "Old Spice" Aftershave Lotion / Avon "Brisk Spice" EdC

IMG_5047.jpg

24 June, 2024

It's "Prog Metal Monday" and I'm going with a couple featuring one of my all-time favorite musicians. Guitarist, lyricist, composer, Jim Matheos. I'm good with musical arrangement and composition but I've never been able to write lyrics. Matheos is the guy I wish I could write lyrics like. Hope you enjoy.

Skipped shaving yesterday so today's shave was extra nice! Super hot and muggy morning here today so I went for a Menthol Monday. Returned to Furbo and their excellent "Blu" shave soap. Great old school Blue Floid scent with exceptional lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 1 best badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super Speed and I finished with RazoRock "Blue Barbershop" aftershave splash (closest scent to original "Blue Floid I've found) & Acqua di Parma "Essenza" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: As mentioned, it's disgustingly hot & muggy this morning. Need to find a way to get rich so I can start spending summers in Canada (Nova Scotia or Vancouver preferably)

Furbo "Blu" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 1 Best Badger Brush / Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / RazoRock "Blue Barbershop" Aftershave Splash / AdP "Essenza" EdC

IMG_5069.jpg

25 June, 2024

It's "Talking Heads Tuesday". Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to the vintage Yardley shave soap. Exceptional lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Kokopelli" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "META-4" and I finished with Czech & Speake "Oxford & Cambridge" aftershave splash & EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Not as muggy this morning but the heat returns this afternoon.

Yardley Shave Soap / WWBW "Kokopelli" Sweet Spot Badger Brush / PAA "META-4"
Wizamet / Alum / Czech & Speake "Oxford & Cambridge" Aftershave Splash & EdC

IMG_5077.jpg

Last edited:
26 June, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and like last week, I'm going with women's names in song titles. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. @BarberDave and his SV shave the other day, as the southern philosopher Jerry Clower said, "done flung a craving on me" so today I returned to Saponificio Varesino today and their excellent "70th Anniversary" soap and ASL. Fantastic scent and superb lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Emerald Silver" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super Speed and I finished with the matching aftershave lotion & Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Rinse and repeat.. Gonna be the third weekend in a row with feels-like temps >105°..

Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" Shave Soap / WWBW "Emerald Silver" Sweet Spot Badger Brush / Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" Aftershave Lotion / AdP "Colonia" EdC

IMG_5082.jpg

27 June, 2024

Rocking out this morning with a couple from Dokken guitarist, George Lynch and his solo project, Lynch Mob. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Ariana & Evans and their excellent "Aqua de Boracay" shave soap. Fantastic scent and superb lather built with the new Paladin "PK-47" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Super Speed and I finished with Czech & Speake "Cuba" aftershave splash & EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Almost Friday!!

Ariana & Evans "Aqua de Boracay" Shave Soap / Paladin "PK-47" 2-Band Badger Brush / Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Czech & Speake "Cuba" Aftershave Splash / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

IMG_5090.jpg

28 June, 2024

It's "Freaky Friday" and today I'm returning to Zappa and a couple off his final studio release., 1986's Jazz From Hell Hope you enjoy.

Great shave with which to close out the workweek. Returned to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's excellent "Fresco" soap & splash. Fantastic scent and superb lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Aristocrat and I finished with the matching skin food splash & Creed "Erolfa" EdP.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Tired this morning. Didn't sleep well last night. Coffee and a great shave are helping.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger Brush / Gillette Aristocrat
Wizamet / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Skin Food Splash / Creed "Erolfa" EdP

IMG_5098.jpg

Back