The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I'm on call for lime!

hat-dance.gif

2 July, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Going with a couple from rock legends, The Who today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Keeping with the "lime" theme, I returned to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's "Fresco" shave soap and skin food. Great lime-forward scent with hints of basil and spearmint. Very refreshing aroma blend! Super thick and slick lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Aristocrat and I finished with the matching skin food splash & Creed "Erolfa EdP.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Not a great night's sleep again. However, a great shave and hot coffee are helping. :coffee::)

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger Brush / Gillette Aristocrat
Wizamet / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Skin Food Splash / Creed "Erolfa" EdP

IMG_5126.jpg

That’s a great Who period. I had a live bootleg from that time that had great versions of songs from this record. The yell on Won’t Get Fooled Again was incredibly long. Excellent party album. 😃

3 July, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm going with a couple of songs with the word "girls" in the title. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their "4711" homage, "11235" shave soap. Classic 4711 scent with incredible lather built with the Paladin "Mandarin" 2-band Select Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with Muelhens "4711" aftershave splash & EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Better night's sleep last night although had some pretty weird dreams to go along with it. Last day in the office until next Monday. Gonna enjoy it as much as possible with being on-call and forecasted 105° to 108° heat indices through the weekend.

Hope you have a great day. :)

PAA "4711" Shave Soap / Paladin "Mandarin" 2-Band Select Badger Brush / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet / Alum / Muelhens "4711" Aftershave Splash / Muelhens "4711" EdC

IMG_5136.jpg

Back