The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

11 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A couple of funky cuts from The Brothers Johnson today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Taylor of Old Bond Street and their excellent "Mr. Taylor's" shave cream. Nice old school barbershop like scent with excellent lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Voodoo King" HD HMW badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super 109 and I finished with Williams "Aqua Velva" after shave splash & Bond No.9 "Chez Bond" EdP.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Tired this morning. Hard to get to sleep last night. Tossed and turned for almost two hours before I finally drifted off to sleep. A great shave and coffee is helping though.

Hope you've had a great day. :)

TOBS "Mr. Taylor's" Shave Cream / Rich Yuengel "Voodoo King" HD HMW Badger Brush / '69 Gillette Super 109
Wizamet / Alum / Williams "Aqua Velva" After Shave Splash / Bond No.9 "Chez Bond" EdP

IMG_4531.jpg

12 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Closing out the workweek with a couple from Ronnie James Dio off his first solo album, Holy Diver. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Proraso "Red" shave cream and splash. Nice sandalwood scent with excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with Tom Ford "Tom Ford for Men" EdT.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: It's Friday!!

giphy-downsized.gif

Proraso "Red" Shave Cream / WWBW "Belfour" Sweet Spot Badger Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet / Alum / Proraso "Red" After Shave Splash / Tom Ford "Tom Ford for Men" EdT

IMG_4539.jpg

13 April, 2024

Double post today as yesterday was very busy.

But first, some tunes for your Sunday evening listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave yesterday. Returned to Castle Forbes and their excellent "Lime Essential Oil" shave cream. Nice, sharp and tart lime scent with excellent lather built with the Paladin "Juma Mamba" 2-band select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell "Mamba 70" and I finished with vintage Avon "Island Lime" after shave lotion & Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: The wife's birthday was Saturday and so I've been spoiling her all weekend. Made her breakfast yesterday before she left for a seminar with her church in the morning When she got home, we met up with our friends Marty & Misty Williams (Marty is the singer in my country band) and we went out to dinner. I told her we could go anywhere but she said she's been looking forward to some sushi for a while so we went to the local Rock N' Roll Sushi. Great meal and time spent with friends.

Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" Shave Cream / Paladin "Juma Mamba" Select Badger Brush / RazoRock Mamba 70
Wizamet / Alum / Avon "Island Lime" After Shave Lotion / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG_4542.jpg

14 April, 2024

Part 2 of 2

Great shave this morning. Found myself in need of a Bay Rum fix so I grabbed ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" soap and skin food. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Bisbee" Sweet Spot badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Timeless Razor TRBR38 and I finished with the matching skin food splash & Acqua di Parma "Colonia Essenza" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Not much went on today. I let Crystal have FULL CONTROL of the remote so we watched whatever she wanted today (gonna have to rethink that next year as there's only some much period BBC drama I can take). Cooked dinner for her tonight which consisted of a couple of bone-in Ribeye steaks cooked to a perfect medium rare with baked potato, sliced squash and zucchini sautéed in olive oil and garlic and some birthday cake for dessert. I also got her a gift certificate for a one hour "real massage" ( :rolleyes: ) and mani-pedi at her favorite salon. All in all I think I did pretty well.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / WWBW "Bisbee" Badger Brush / Timeless TRBR38
Wizamet / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Skin Food Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia Essenza" EdC

IMG_4547.jpg

15 April, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant day.

Rocking out to some Dream Theater today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Martin de Candre and their excellent "Agrumes" shave soap. Nice, bright lemon scent with excellent lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" HD ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the pre-war Gillette Tech and I finished with Myrsol "Agua de Limón" after shave splash.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Late post. Took the day off to try and get some things done but awoke this morning feeling bad. A lot of sinus congestion. Don't know if I'm coming down with something or just all the pollen flying around. It cleared somewhat as the day went on but still not feeling great.

Martin de Candre "Agrumes" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" HD ST Badger Brush
Gillette Tech / Wizamet / Alum / Myrsol "Agua De Limón" After Shave Splash

IMG_4554.jpg

16 April, 2024

Some classic Van Halen for your Tuesday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent "Bay Gum" soap and splash set. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Paladin "Purple Haze" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super 109 and I finished with the matching splash and Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Feeling much better today. Still some sinus congestion but I think it's simply from all the pollen we have.

PAA "Bay Gum" Shave Soap / Paladin "Purple Haze" 2-Band Select Badger Brush / '69 Gillette Super 109
Wizamet / Alum / PAA "Bay Gum" After Shave Splash / Barberry Coast "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG_4559.jpg

17 April, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I have a couple of songs featuring English singer/songwriter Carina Round. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Saponificio Varesino and their excellent "Dolomiti" soap and ASL set. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Riva ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S and I finished with the matching ASL and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: Almost forgot it was WoRW. Guess taking off Monday threw me off. Glad I caught it because @GearNoir would have been highly displeased. 😁

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Soap / Riva Italian Heather Briar ST Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave Lotion / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG_4568.jpg

Back