The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

15 February, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Got a couple of classics from The Ramones for you today. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning! Returned to Arran Aromatics and their excellent "Lochranza" soap & balm set. Fantastic woody, spicy scent and great lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with the matching ASB & Penhaligon's "English Fern" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Arran Aromatics "Lochranza" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Arran Aromatics "Lochranza" ASB / Penhaligon's "English Fern" EdT

IMG_4155.jpg

15 February, 2024

Got a couple of classics from The Ramones for you today. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning! Returned to Arran Aromatics and their excellent "Lochranza" soap & balm set. Fantastic woody, spicy scent and great lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with the matching ASB & Penhaligon's "English Fern" EdT.

Arran Aromatics "Lochranza" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Arran Aromatics "Lochranza" ASB / Penhaligon's "English Fern" EdT

View attachment 126854
You should get the EDT as well

16 February, 2024

A couple of obscure classics from L.A. based rockers, Gary Myrick & The Figures to close out the workweek. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Fantastic lather from the Arko shave soap built with the Semogue C3 "Galahad" boar brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Tatara Masamune and I finished with Myrsol "Plastic" after shave splash & Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP.

Arko Shave Soap / Semogue C3 "Galahad" Boar Brush / Tatara Masamune
Wizamet / Alum / Myrsol "Plastic" AS / Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP

IMG_4165.jpg

Catch-up post from yesterday. Busy day and it got late before I knew it. Great shave though!

Martin de Candre "Original" Shave Soap / WWBW "Belfour" ST Badger Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy / Wizamet
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Lavender Pour Homme" AS / Czech & Speake "Oxford & Cambridge" EdC

IMG_4170.jpg

18 February, 2024

It's "Synthwave Sunday" so here's a live stream for your enjoyment. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Excellent lather and scent from the Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" shave soap built with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Karve Christopher Bradley razor and I finished with the matching after shave lotion.

Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" ST Badger Brush / Karve Christopher Bradley
Wizamet / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" After Shave Lotion

IMG_4174.jpg

19 February, 2024

It's Monday and I'm in need of some Clash. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave this morning! Returned to Fine Accoutrements and their "L'Orange Noir" soap (old formula) and splash. Incredibly slick and fragrant lather built with the Zenith B33 boar brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super 109 and I finished with the matching after shave splash & Hermès "Terre d'Hermès" EdT.

Fine Accoutrements "L'Orange Noir" Shave Soap / Zenith B33 Boar Brush / '69 Gillette Super 109
Wizamet / Alum / Fine Accoutrements "L'Orange Noir" AS / Hermès "Terre d'Hermès" EdT

IMG_4181.jpg

19 February, 2024

A couple from Rush for your Tuesday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave this morning! Was in need of a Bay Rum fix so I returned to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's excellent "Bay Rum" soap and splash. Incredibly slick and fragrant lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S and I finished with the matching skin food splash & Ogallala "Double Strength Bay Rum" EdC.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bay Rum" AS / Ogallala "Double-Strength Bay Rum" EdC

IMG_4186.jpg

21 February, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and here is the greatest hits from the incomparable Aretha Franklin. Hope you enjoy.

Late post. Took off work to get work done to my vehicle; oil change, brakes on the front and tire rotation and balance. Had to wait for them to have the brake parts delivered. They didn't have my truck's type on hand. Great shave to start the day though. Returned to Stirling Soap Co. and their "British Leather" shave soap. Super thick and slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Midnight Mint" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Karve Christopher Bradley razor and I finished with Dana "English Leather" after shave splash & EdC.

Stirling Soap Co. "British Leather" Shave Soap / WWBW "Midnight Mint ST Badger Brush / Karve Christopher Bradley
Wizamet / Alum / Dana "English Lather" After Shave Splash & EdC

IMG_4192.jpg

22 February, 2024

An East Asian themed shave this morning so I'm featuring a couple from the band Japan for your Thursday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

New soap day. My order of the "Musashi" soap and splash set from Gentleman's Nod arrived yesterday so I used it this morning. EXCELLENT lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian badger brush! Soap is a bit thirsty but I eventually got the consistency where it needed to be. Very nice scent. Huge blast of yuzu to start. Other notes come in, creating a very nice, almost "cool" aspect. It's as if you're taking a walk through a fog-shrouded forest. Two passes (plus touch-up) with the Tatara Masamune razor and I finished with the matching after shave splash & Mancera "Cedrat Boise" EdP.

Gentleman's Nod "Musashi" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian Badger Brush / Tatara Masamune
Wizamet / Alum / Gentleman's Nod "Musashi" After Shave Splash / Mancera "Cedrat Boise" EdP

IMG_4201.jpg

23 February, 2024

Closing out the workweek with a couple of classic Motown greats! Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Super slick and cushioning lather from the Musgo Real cream, built with the Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" ST badger brush. Two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S and I finished with the matching after shave balm & Chanel "Chanel Pour Monsieur" EdP.

Musgo Real Shaving Cream / Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" ST Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet / Alum / Musgo Real After Shave Balm / Chanel "Chanel Pour Monsieur" EdP

IMG_4205.jpg

Back