The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

7 February, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a couple from the "Queen of R&B" herself, Ruth Brown. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Returned to Phoenix Shaving's "Supreme Sandalwood Science" soap and splash set. Great lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" ST badger brush for two passes (no touch-up needed) with the '50's Schick Injector and I finished with the matching after shave splash Chanel "Antaeus" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

PAA "Supreme Sandalwood Science" Shave Soap / WWBW "Canyon" ST Badger Brush / '50's Schick Injector
Schick / Alum / PAA "Supreme Sandalwood Science" After Shave Splash / Chanel "Antaeus" EdT

IMG_4096.jpg

8 February, 2024

Going with a couple from The Beach Boys for your Thursday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Got in my order of the vintage Avon shave soap yesterday so I used it this morning. I had read online that this soap was mediocre at best. However, I was able to whip up a very nice, slick lather with minimal effort. Not the greatest cushion but definitely usable. Lather quality reminded me a little of William's. I think next time I'll try a boar brush and see how the lather is. Two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S and I finished with Pinaud Clubman after shave lotion Caron "Le 3e Homme de Caron" EdT.

Vintage Avon Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving "Royal Amboyna" ST Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S (Plate 5)
Wizamet / Alum / Pinaud Clubman After Shave Lotion / Caron "Le 3E Homme de Caron" EdT

IMG_4105.jpg

9 February, 2024

Closing out the workweek with some Ozzy Osbourne. Here is his third solo album, 1983's Bark at the Moon. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Returned to Martin de Candre and their excellent "Rose" shave soap. Beautiful scent and extremely thick and slick lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Abalone" ST badger brush. Two passes (plus touch-up) with the Tatara Masamune DE and I finished with Geo. F. Trumper "Coral" skin food and Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdP.

Martin de Candre "Rose" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Abalone" ST Badger Brush / Tatara Masamune
Wizamet / Alum / Geo. F. Trumper "Coral" Skin Food / Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdP

IMG_4114.jpg

Happy Friday Mark! Go get em!
Let's go!!!!

giphy.gif

10 February, 2024

It's "Synthwave Saturday" here at WMRK Internet Radio and here is a live stream for your evening listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Late post but a great shave to start the day. Couldn't decide on what kind of scent I wanted to go with so I grabbed the tub of ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" shave soap. Great lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with Clubman Jeris "Musk for Men" after shave & cologne.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" ST Badger Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet / Alum / Clubman Jeris "Musk for Men" After Shave & Cologne

IMG_4122.jpg

10 February, 2024

It's "Synthwave Saturday" here at WMRK Internet Radio and here is a live stream for your evening listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Late post but a great shave to start the day. Couldn't decide on what kind of scent I wanted to go with so I grabbed the tub of ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" shave soap. Great lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with Clubman Jeris "Musk for Men" after shave & cologne.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" ST Badger Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet / Alum / Clubman Jeris "Musk for Men" After Shave & Cologne

View attachment 126603
What! no Usher or Taylor Swift..... So disapointed :D:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

11 February, 2024

Today's music selection is for @BarberDave. Hope you enjoy. 😁

Another late post but, like yesterday, a great shave to start the day. Returned to D.R. Harris and their "Windsor" cream.. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the 70's Gillette Techmatic and I finished with Myrsol "Don Carlos 1972" after shave splash.

D.R. Harris "Windsor" Shave Cream / WWBW "REM Cycle" ST Badger Brush
70's Gillette Techmatic / Alum / Myrsol "Don Carlos 1972" After Shave

IMG_4129.jpg

11 February, 2024

Today's music selection is for @BarberDave. Hope you enjoy. 😁

Another late post but, like yesterday, a great shave to start the day. Returned to D.R. Harris and their "Windsor" cream.. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the 70's Gillette Techmatic and I finished with Myrsol "Don Carlos 1972" after shave splash.

D.R. Harris "Windsor" Shave Cream / WWBW "REM Cycle" ST Badger Brush
70's Gillette Techmatic / Alum / Myrsol "Don Carlos 1972" After Shave

View attachment 126686
🤢

I love Usher's new one "Takin' the Micky"

Don Carlos is probably my favorite AS, I don't even know why, I just like it, nice to see anyone using it.

12 February, 2024

Got a couple from Sting this morning from huis 1991 album, The Soul Cages. Hope you enjoy.

Had a completely different shave planned but changed at the last minute and returned to the vintage Yardley shave soap. This stuff continues to impress! Great lather built with the Semogue SOC premium boar brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with Clubman "Classic Vanilla" after shave lotion and Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdP.

Vintage Yardley Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Premium Boar Brush / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Clubman "Classic Vanilla" After Shave Lotion / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdP

IMG_4133.jpg

13 February, 2024

A couple from the late, great Allan Holdsworth for you this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Outstanding shave this morning! Best of the week (thus far). Returned to Geo. F. Trumper and their excellent "Spanish Leather" cream and splash set. This has always been one of my top, all-time favorite scents. A very nice soapy leather with light floral hints. Great lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Tatara Masamune (literally no feedback from the alum) and I finished with the matching after shave splash and EdC.

Geo. F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes ST Badger Brush / Tatara Masamune
Wizamet / Alum / Geo. F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" After Shave Splash & EdC

IMG_4140.jpg

14 February, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and also Valentine's Day, so here are a couple of love songs to play for your significant other. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning! Returned to Martin de Candre and their excellent "Fougère" shave soap. Fantastic scent and great lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Mint Chip" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S and I finished with Davidoff "Cool Water" after shave splash and EdT.

Martin de Candre "Fougère" Shave Soap / WWBW "Mint Chip" ST Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet / Alum / Davidoff "Cool Water" After Shave Splash & EdT

IMG_4148.jpg

Back