The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

27 September, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm going back to the incredible Pat Benatar. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this today. Returned to "Sun Down" soap and splash from Phoenix Shaving. Great scent & lather built with the Badlands Shaving "Royal Amboyna" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super-109 and I finished with the matching splash and vintage Avon "Deep Woods" EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving "Royal Amboyna" ST Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Wizamet /
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" After Shave Splash / Avon "Deep Woods" EdC

IMG-3232.jpg

28 September, 2023

A couple from New Jersey rockers The Smithereens for your Thursday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

No rhyme or reason with today's shaving wares. Just a collection of excellent products that, when used together, gave a wonderful shave. Great scent and lather from the "Eucris" cream built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger for two passes (+ touch up) with the Timeless Razor TRBR38 and I finished with Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" after shave splash & Aramis "Tuscany per Uomo" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Geo. F. Trumper "Eucris" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes 26mm Manchurian Badger / Timeless Razor TRBR38
Gillette Platinum/ Alum / Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" After Shave Splash / Aramis "Tuscany per Uomo" EdT

img-3242-jpg.119925

Attachments

• IMG-3242.jpg
    IMG-3242.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 51
2 October, 2023

A couple from Tarpon Springs, FL rockers, Savatage for your Monday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Skipped yesterday due to a relatively late shave Saturday after a lot of work around the house (replace kitchen faucet, scaping and repainting the exterior door frames, etc.) so today's shave was extra nice. No post Saturday but the setup for both days were (except for the brush used) the same. Great lather from the Martin de Candre "Vetyver" shave soap sample built with the YAQI "Bali" ST badger brush and I finished with Paco Rabanne Pour Homme after shave splash and EdT.

Also, love the soap! I now have a full-size jar on the way. ;)

Martin de Candre "Vetyver" Shave soap / YAQI "Bali" ST Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Paco Rabanne Pour Homme After Shave Splash & EdT

IMG-3256.jpg

Last edited:
Skipped yesterday due to a relatively late shave Saturday after a lot of work around the house (replace kitchen faucet, scaping and repainting the exterior door frames, etc.)
Pump handle faucet and hot pink door frames? Excellent choice 😎👍

3 October, 2023

A couple this morning from Dixie Dregs / Steve Morse Band bassist, Andy West. Here he is with his band RAMA. Hope you enjoy.

Rough night last night. Didn't sleep well. Felt like I was waking up every half hour. So, a sluggish, bleary-eyed start to the day but a great shave and coffee helped. Returned to "P.160" from RazoRock. Great scent & lather built with the Zenith Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Mamba 70 and I finished with RazoRock "Blue Barbershop" splash (closest splash scent-wise to original Floid Blue to my nose) and Lalique Pour Homme EdP.

RazoRock "P.160" Shave Soap / Zenith Manchurian Badger / RazoRock Mamba 70 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / RazoRock "Blue Barbershop" After Shave Splash / Lalique Pour Homme EdP

IMG-3262.jpg

4 October, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I have a couple from Icelandic rockers, The Sugarcubes. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Saponificio Varesino and their "Cosmo" soap and ASL. This scent always struck me as ideal for cooler weather. Yes, there is some citrus off the top, but it's intermingled with a warm, slightly sweet & spicy note. All this is playing over a foundation of warm, earthy, woody notes. Wonderful lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger for two passes (+ touch up) with the Timeless Razor TRBR38 and I finished with the matching ASL & Dior "Sauvage" parfum.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes 26mm Manchurian Badger / Timeless Razor TRBR38
Wizamet / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Cosmo" After Shave Lotion / Dior "Sauvage" Parfum

IMG-3273.jpg

5 October, 2023

A couple of live tracks from The Rippingtons for your Thursday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. My order of ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Nuage De Citron" arrived and first use was today. Nice, bright, uplifting citrus scent & fantastic lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super-109 and I finished with the matching splash and Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" EdP (dupe of Amouage "Jubilation XXV").

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Nuage De Citron" Shave Soap / WWBW "Belfour" ST Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Nuage De Citron" Skin Food Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" EdP

IMG-3280.jpg

Back