The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

8 September, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Closing out the workweek with some Miles Davis and his 1959 album Kind of Blue. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave with which to end the workweek. Went back to Martin de Candre "Original" shave soap. Great scent with superb lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with vintage Avon "Deep Woods" after shave splash & Maison Margiela "Jazz Club" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Martin de Candre "Original" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet / Alum / Avon "Deep Woods" After Shave Splash / Maison Margiela "Jazz Club" EdT

IMG-3087.jpg

10 September, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Got a couple from the band Ghost for your listening pleasure from their fourth album, Prequelle. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. The new Timeless Razor TRBR38 arrived yesterday and I used it this morning. Was afraid it might be too mild having only a 0.38 blade gap (for reference the Gillette Super at "1" is 0.43). However I was pleasantly surprised at the shave it provided. No excessive buffing was necessary to get the desired result. Great scent with superb lather from the Proraso Red built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST badger brush and I finished with the matching after shave splash & balm and Penhaligon's "Sartorial" EdT.

Hope you have a great rest of your weekend. :)

Proraso "Nourishing" Shave Cream / Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST Badger / Timeless Razor TRBR38
Wizamet / Alum / Proraso "Nourishing" After Shave Splash & Balm / Penhaligon's "Sartorial" EdT

IMG-3106.jpg

11 September, 2023

Getting your Monday going with a couple from The Alan Parsons Project. Hope you enjoy.

Not so great shave today. A bit bleary eyed this morning and got a little too aggressive, used too much pressure and ended up with a fairly-sized spot of razor burn on my left cheek. Had a relatively late shave yesterday so I probably should have skipped today. I still maintain that skipping a day is better than a "bad shave". Great scent and lather from the TOBS "Grapefruit" cream built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 super badger brush and I finished with Master Soap Creations "Grapefruit Zest" after shave tonic and additional Nivea Sensitive ASB & Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Taylor of Old Bond Street "Grapefruit" Shave Cream / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Master Soap Creations "Grapefruit Zest" After Shave Tonic / AdP "Colonia" EdC

IMG-3113.jpg

Got to smell the entire TOBS line today, including the new Oud. They all smell amazing!

I resisted but top three, in no particular order, are almond, tobacco leaf, and of course sandalwood.

12 September, 2023

Some R&B to get you grooving this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Much better shave today. Went back to the Timeless Razor TRBR38 for another stellar result. Great scent with superb lather from the MdC "Original" built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush and I finished with Epsilon Amber after shave splash Pierre Cardin EdC.

Martin de Candre "Original" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes ST Badger / Timeless Razor TRBR38
Wizamet / Alum / Epsilon Amber After Shave Splash / Pierre Cardin EdC

IMG-3118.jpg

13 September, 2023

A couple from Simple Minds for your Wednesday morning listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Back to RazoRock and their "P.160" soap. Inexpensive, but punches WAY above its weight. Wonderful classic Italian almond / marzipan scent and excellent lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 1 Super badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '68 Gillette Slim and I finished with Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" after shave splash and Alt. Fragrances "Corsair Cologne" EdP. Great Creed "Viking Cologne" dupe. I like the original but not enough to invest in a bottle of the Creed juice. The Alt. juice is good enough for my needs.

RazoRock "P.160" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 1 Super Badger / '68 Gillette Slim / Gillette Minora
A
lum / Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" After Shave Splash / Alt. Fragrances "Corsair Cologne" EdP

IMG-3122.jpg

14 September, 2023

Featuring a live cut from the band Porcupine Tree for your Thursday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Mitchell's Wool Fat shave soap. Great scent with superb lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Dana "English Leather" after shave splash & cologne.

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger / Rockwell 6S / Wizamet
Alum / Dana "English Leather" After Shave Splash / Dana "English Leather" EdC

IMG-3135.jpg

15 September, 2023

It's finally Friday and today I'm featuring a couple from the great Stevie Wonder. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. The new soaps / splashes from @Dragonsbeard arrived yesterday and I used "Blue Note" this morning. Great scent with superb lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Copper Ore" HD ST badger brush and I finished with the matching skin food splash and Maison Margiela "REPLICA Jazz Club" EdT.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blue Note" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Copper Ore" HD ST Badger / RazoRock + Windrose
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Blue Note" Skin Food Splash / Maison Margiela "Jazz Club" EdT

IMG-3146.jpg

16 September, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend.

A couple today from one of my all-time favorite bassists, Mark Egan. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Went back to the Timeless Razor TRBR38 for another stellar result. Great scent with superb lather from the Phoenix Shaving "Supreme Sandalwood Science" built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger brush and I finished with the matching after shave splash & Tom Ford for Men EdT.

Phoenix Shaving "Supreme Sandalwood Science" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger / Timeless Razor TRBR38
Wizamet / Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Supreme Sandalwood Science" After Shave Splash / Tom Ford for Men EdT

IMG-3152a.jpg

Back