The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

18 September, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Oy vey! After the weekend I had, I really need something relaxing this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this today. Skipped yesterday due to a relatively late shave Saturday so today's shave was extra nice. First use of the "Honeysuckle" soap / splash from @Dragonsbeard and it was phenomenal! Very pleasant, very natural honeysuckle scent that is naturally sweet without being "perfumy". Great lather from built with the Rich Yuengel Breakwater" HD ST badger brush and I finished with the matching skin food splash and Faberge "Brut Original" EdT

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Honeysuckle" Shave soap / Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" HD ST Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Honeysuckle" Skin Food Splash / Faberge "Brut Original" EdT

IMG-3162.jpg

19 September, 2023

A couple from Sting for you today off his second solo release, 1987's Nothing Like the Sun. Hope you enjoy.

Been a long time since I last observed "Tabac Tuesday". Hell, it's been a long time since I last used Tabac! Remedied that today. Excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with the matching ASL and cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Tabac Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger / RazoRock Game Changer / Wizamet
Alum / Tabac After Shave Lotion / Tabac EdC

IMG-3171.jpg

20 September, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a couple from The B52's Cindy Wilson off her new solo album Realms. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Revisited an oldie but a goodie with the TOBS "Sandalwood" collection. Great scent and superb lather built with the Semogue SOC "Mistura" brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Badlands Shaving Cocobolo DE and I finished with the matching splash and EdC.

Taylor of Old Bond Street "Sandalwood" Shave Cream / Semogue SOC "Mistura" Mixed / Badlands Shaving DE
Alum / Taylor of Old Bond Street "Sandalwood" After Shave Lotion & EdC

IMG-3179.jpg

21 September, 2023

Some classics from Foreigner for your Thursday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to RazoRock's "P.160" shave soap. Great scent with superb lather built with the Zenith Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Epsilon "Amber" after shave splash & vintage Pierre Cardin cologne.

RazoRock "P.160" Shave Soap / Zenith Brushes Manchurian Badger / Rockwell 6S / Wizamet
Alum / Epsilon "Amber" After Shave Splash / Pierre Cardin EdC

IMG-3187.jpg

22 September, 2023

Closing out the workweek with some Def Leppard. Here is their Diamond Certified 1983 album, Pyromania. Hope you enjoy.

Exceptional shave today! Can't remember the last time I used Geo. F. Trumper's "Spanish Leather". Love this scent. A warm & refined leather & rose accord with earthy patchouli and light musk. Excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch up) with the Timeless Razor TRBR38 and I finished with the matching after shave splash & cologne.

Geo. F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes 26mm Manchurian Badger / Timeless Razor TRBR38
Gillette Platinum/ Alum / Geo. F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" After Shave Splash / Geo. F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" EdC

IMG-3196.jpg

Def Leppard is right at the top of my Haven't-Seen-Them-But-Must list.

23 September, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Rocking it out this with one of my all-time favorite bands, Pain of Salvation. Here is their second studio album, 1998's One Hour by the Concrete Lake. Hope you enjoy.

Excellent shave today. Went back to Phoenix Shaving's excellent "Sci-Fi Lime" soap and splash. Great citrus-meets-barbershop scent and wonderful lather built with the QED Select Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Supply Co. SE and I finished with the matching after shave splash and Clubman "Citrus Musk" EdC.

Phoenix Shaving "Sci-Fi Lime" Shave Soap / QED Select "Green Garnet" Manchurian / Supply SE
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Sci-Fi Lime" After Shave Splash / Clubman "Citrus Musk" EdC

IMG-3204.jpg

24 September, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a great weekend.

Another late 90's release today for your listening pleasure. From 1999 here is Dali's Dilemma with their album Manifesto for Futurism. Hope you enjoy.

Excellent shave today. Went back to Ariana & Evans and their excellent "Cuban Highball" soap . Great scent and wonderful lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Supply Co. SE and I finished with Czech & Speake "Cuba" after shave splash and EdC.

Ariana & Evans "Cuban Highball" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" ST Badger / Supply SE
Alum / Czech & Speake "Cuba" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

IMG-3209.jpg

25 September, 2023

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A couple from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers today. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Went back to Saponificio Varesino and their excellent "Cubebe" soap and ASL. Rich, fragrant lather whipped by the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes with the W. Hohn Custom DE and I finished with the matching ASL and a generous spray of Chanel "Chanel Pour Monsieur". Excellent!!

Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Saponificio Varesino "Cubebe" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger / W. Hohn Custom DE / Wizamet
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Cubebe" After Shave Lotion / Chanel "Chanel Pour Monsieur" EdC

IMG-3215.jpg

Does that make 2 razors you have from W Hohn? You have a different, more swirly rainbow colored one too right?

26 September, 2023

Hello all! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some music going this morning with a couple from Tulsa, OK funksters, The Gap Band. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Was needing an Old Spice fix and I remedied that today. Great scent and very slick lather from the Cooper & French "Old Goat" shave soap built with the Zenith B28 boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Gillette Tech and I finished vintage Shulton "Old Spice" ASL and a spray of P&G "Old Spice" EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Cooper & French "Old Goat" Shave Soap / Zenith B28 Boar / Gillette Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Shulton "Old Spice" After Shave Lotion / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG-3222.jpg

Back