The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Really layering on the citrus today!
Oh yeah!!

giphy.gif

1 September, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Closing out the workweek with a couple from Tears for Fears. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave to end the workweek with. Went back to Proraso Red (Nourishing) cream and splash. Great scent with superb lather built with the Riva Brushes Aluminum Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with the matching after shave splash & Creed "Tabarome" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso "Nourishing" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes Aluminum Manchurian Badger / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Minora / Alum / Proraso "Nourishing" After Shave Splash / Creed "Tabarome" EdP

IMG-3037.jpg

2 September, 2023

As has already been mentioned, we lost a great one today. So in honor, kick back, have a nice cold adult beverage and take it easy. Hope you enjoy.

Back to Taylor of Old Bond Street for today's shave. Going with Eaton College cream and ASB. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Badlands Shaving "Royal Amboyna" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with the matching ASB and Dior "Sauvage" parfum.

TOBS "Eaton College Collection" Shave Cream / Badlands Shaving "Royal Amboyna" ST Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Platinum / Alum / TOBS "Eaton College Collection" After Shave Balm / Dior "Sauvage" Parfum

IMG-3045.jpg

3 September, 2023

Rocking it out this morning with British metallers, Iron Maiden. Here is their sixth studio album, 1986's Somewhere in Time. Hope you enjoy.

Excellent shave today. Went back to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's excellent "Rosa" soap and skin food. Definitely the nicest, most natural rose scented shave products I've ever used. Wonderful lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" HD ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Supply Co. SE and I finished with the matching skin food splash and YSL "M7 Fresh" EdT.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Rosa" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rosé Noir" HD ST Brush / Supply SE
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Rosa" Skin Food Splash / YSL "M7 Fresh" EdT

IMG-3049.jpg

4 September, 2023

It's "Pick Your Own Music Monday" so I hope you enjoy your choice. 😁

Wonderful shave today! Went back to Phoenix Shaving and their wonderful 4711 homage, "11235". Nice, light floral citrus scent and excellent lather whipped up with the Riva Brushes Purple Heart Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Gillette Super-109 and I finished with Muehlens "4711" after shave splash and EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "11235" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Purple Heart Manchurian Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Wizamet /
Alum / Muehlens 4711 After Shave Splash / Muehlens 4711 EdC

IMG-3059.jpg

5 September, 2023

Rocking it out this morning with LA Darkwave / "Tragic Wave" rockers, Drab Majesty. Here is their third studio album, 2019's Modern Mirror. Hope you enjoy.

Back to Stirling Soap Co. this morning and their excellent homage to Creed "Erolfa", "Mediterranean Man" soap and splash. Wonderful scent and lather built with the Semogue "Galahad" premium boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 64 Gillette Slim and I finished with the matching after shave splash and Alexandria Fragrances "Mediterranean Coast" EdP.

Stirling Soap Co. "Mediterranean Man" Shave Soap / Semogue "Galahad" Premium Boar / '64 Gillette Slim / Alum
Stirling Soap Co. "Mediterranean Man" After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Mediterranean Coast" EdP

IMG-3068.jpg

6 September, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and I'm returning to the incredible Chrissie Hynde and her band, The Pretenders. Hope you enjoy.

New soap day. Phoenix Shaving released a new soap based on Floid Amber, "Vloid" and it arrived yesterday. So, of course I had to give it a go this morning. Out of the tub it's not very close to Floid to my nose. However, once lathered the similarities become more apparent. Still, not a direct match. I give the scent a B-. Excellent lather from the CK-6 base, built with the Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Rocket". Two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with Epsilon "Amber" AS and Acqua di Parma "Cipresso de Toscana" EdT.

PAA "Vloid" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" ST Badger / RazoRock Game Changer / Wizamet
Alum / Epsilon "Amber" After Shave Splash/ Acqua di Parma "Cipresso di Toscana" EdT

IMG-3074.jpg

7 September, 2023

A couple from Spandau Ballet for your Thursday morning listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Best shave of the week (thus far) today. Back to Saponificio Varesino this morning and their "70th Anniversary SE" soap and lotion. Wonderful scent and lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 64 Gillette Slim and I finished with the matching after shave lotion and Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT.

Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary SE" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger / '64 Gillette Slim / Alum
Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary SE" After Shave Lotion / Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT

IMG-3082.jpg

Back in the day (the early 1980's) I used to read a magazine from England that covered all the new wave bands over there. I remember hearing about Spandau Ballet all the time, about how they were going to be the next British band to make it big in America....and then they would mention this other up and coming band that maybe might get some airplay but never be as big as Spandau......of course they were talking about Duran Duran. And boy the magazine couldn't have gotten it more wrong.

Back