The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

24 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A couple from the incredible BB King. Hope you enjoy.

A nice boozy, mentholated shave this morning with the Stirling Soap Co. "Margarita's in the Arctic" soap and splash. No additional menthol needed with this one. Very nice icy kick all by itself. Excellent lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" HD ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with the matching splash and Demeter's "Frozen Margarita" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Margaritas in the Arctic" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" ST Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Minora / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Margaritas in the Arctic" After Shave Splash / Demeter "Frozen Margarita" EdC

IMG-2978.jpg

25 August, 2023

Featuring Van Halen's 7th studio album, 1986's 5150 today. Hope you enjoy.

Another miserably hot day and along with it another refreshingly frigid shave. Went back to Proraso and their "Refreshing" (aka Green) shave cream. Already nicely mentholated but I "boosted" things up with the Phoenix Shaving "Ice Cube" preshave soap. Great scent with superb lather built with the Riva Brushes "Purpleheart" Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with the matching after shave splash & Mancera "Cedrat Boise" EdP.

Proraso "Refreshing" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes "Purpleheart" Manchurian Badger / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Proraso "Refreshing" After Shave Splash / Mancera "Cedrat Boise" EdP

IMG-2982.jpg

26 August, 2023

Was flipping through channels last night and found "Beverly Hills Cop" playing. Been a long time since I last watched it and really enjoyed seeing it again. So here are a couple of tracks from the soundtrack. Hope you enjoy.

New cream day. I went and donated blood a week ago and they were offering a $20 gift card as incentive. Been a while since I last donated and I decided to begin again because I'm type "O Negative" and that type always seems to be in short supply. So a few days later I got the email with the redemption code for the gift card and chose Amazon. I put it toward a tub of Art of Shaving "Bergamot & Neroli" shave cream. The cream itself is great as anyone who's ever used AoS knows. The scent is great as well. Natural essential oils give a bright citrus and floral cloud throughout the entire session. I also gave it a nice menthol kick with the Phoenix Shaving "Ice Cube" preshave soap. Great lather built with the YAQI "Mojito" 2-band badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Badlands Shaving Cocobolo DE and I finished with Clubman "Lime Sec" cologne (with added witch hazel and hyaluronic acid serum) and Acqua di Parma "Essenza" EdC.

Art of Shaving "Bergamot & Neroli" Shave Cream / YAQI "Mojito" 2-Band Badger / Badlands Shaving DE
Alum / Clubman "Lime Sec" EdC (+ Skin Food) / Acqua di Parma "Essenza" EdC

IMG-2992.jpg

27 August, 2023

Featuring the 1983 Diamond Certified, 11 million copy selling Eliminator album from Houston TX rockers ZZ Top. Hope you enjoy.

Excellent shave today. Broke out the DR Harris "Arlington" soap. Excellent scent and great lather built with the Semogue Galahad Premium Boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Supply Co. SE and I finished with Booster "Polar Ice" after shave splash and Dior "Sauvage" parfum.

DR Harris "Arlington" Shave Soap / Semogue Galahad CE Premium Boar Brush / Supply SE
Alum / Booster "Polar Ice" Skin Food Splash / Dior "Sauvage" Parfum

IMG-3002.jpg

28 August, 2023

Today is "New Music Monday". Just discovered this band and really like them although the singer does look out of place. Looks more like he should be singing "Bro Country". Here is TEMIC. Hope you enjoy.

Rough morning but a great shave and hot coffee helps. Went with Moon Soaps and their "Trade Winds" shave soap. Not much scent but excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Tortola" skin food splash & Ogallala "Double-Strength Bay Rum" EdC.

Moon Soaps "Trade Winds" Shave Soap / WWBW "Canyon" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Minora
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Tortola" Skin Food Splash / Ogallala "Double-Strength Bay Rum" EdC

IMG-3008.jpg

29 August, 2023

Featuring one of my all-time favorite bands and albums today. The band is Fates Warning and here is their 1991 release Parallels. Hope you enjoy.

Borrowing a page from the @bosch playbook this morning, pairing MdC "Original" shave soap and "Floid". Very nice! It's been a while since I last used the soap and I'll definitely begin using it more often. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with the aforementioned "Floid" splash and Creed "Bois du Portugal" EdP.

Martin de Candre "Original" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Italian Heather Briar ST Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Minora / Alum / Floid Vigoroso After Shave Splash / Creed "Bois du Portugal" EdC

IMG-3016.jpg

30 August, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring the San Francisco based band Romeo Void, fronted by singer Debora Iyall. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Went back to Saponificio Varesino and their "Dolomiti" shave soap & ASL. The scent is hard for me to describe. Almost a medicinal / herbal / botanical note off the soap but there are more citrus, woody, spicy notes with the ASL. But the real star here is the lather. Very slick and cushioning, built with the Zenith Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Badlands Shaving Cocobolo DE and I finished with the matching ASL and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Cream / Zenith Manchurian Badger / Badlands Shaving DE
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave Lotion / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-3022.jpg

31 August, 2023

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Gettin' funky with a couple from The Jacksons. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave today! Went back to Martin de Candre and their wonderful "Agrumes" shave soap. Nice citrus scent and excellent lather whipped up with the Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" HD ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Gillette Super-109 and I finished with Myrsol "Agua de Limon" after shave splash and Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Martin de Candre "Agrumes" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" HD ST Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Myrsol "Agua de Limon" After Shave Splash / Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdP

IMG-3029.jpg

Back