The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

6 August, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Some relaxing jazz for your Sunday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Trumper's "Lime" shave cream. Excellent scent and lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Abalone" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock "Mamba 70" and I finished with Pinaud "Lime Sec" & Trumper's "Lime" skin food.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Trumper's "Lime" Shave Cream / Rich Yuengel "Abalone" ST Badger / RazoRock "Mamba 70"
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Pinaud "Lime Sec" EdC / Trumper's "Lime" Skin Food

IMG-2849.jpg

7 August, 2023

Got a couple of classics from Long Island rockers, Mountain. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Phoenix Shaving and their "4711" homage, "11235". I've stated before that this is an excellent dupe with a superb lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" Sweet Spot Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with "4711" after shave splash and EdC. Great summer scent!

Phoenix Shaving "11235" Shave Soap / Wild West Brush Works "Belfour" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Muelhens "4711" After Shave Splash / Muelhens "4711" EdC

IMG-2857.jpg

Last edited:
8 August, 2023

A couple from English rockers Talk Talk this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Frank's "Mélange d'Agrumes" shave soap and skin food. Wonderfully tart and refreshing scent! Excellent lather as well built with the Rich Man Shaving ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock "Mamba 70" and I finished with the matching skin food splash and some Dior "Sauvage" parfum. Trying out a new blade. Picked up some Gillette Minora Stainless. First thoughts, smooth shaver. Will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'Agrumes" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving ST Badger / RazoRock "Mamba 70"
Gillette Minora SS / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'Agrumes" Skin Food Splash / Dior "Sauvage" Parfum

IMG-2863.jpg

9 August, 2023

"Hangin' ten" this morning with a couple of classic Surf Rock tunes. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Been a while since I last used "Good Vibrations" from Phoenix Shaving so I remedied that today. Great scent and excellent lather built with the Badlands Shaving "Underground Pool" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer .68-P and I finished with the matching splash and EdP.

PAA "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving "Underground Pool" ST Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Platinum / Alum / PAA "Good Vibrations" After Shave Splash / PAA "Good Vibrations" EdP

IMG-2869.jpg

10 August, 2023

Got a couple from German "Neo 80's" artist Sebastian Gampl today. Love this type of music. I call them "Songs from 80's movies that never existed". These are prime examples of what would IMO be "montage music".. Songs played over the composited scenes where the film's protagonist is down, beaten, dejected. But finds the inner strength to begin working back up, getting ready to "fight the bully", "right the wrong", "get the girl (guy) back" or "fix the mistake they've made". Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" shave soap. Very nice classic "Old Spice" scent and great lather as well built with the Wild West Brushworks "Lagoon" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock "Mamba 70" and I finished with some Shulton "Old Spice" ASL and P&G "Old Spice" cologne.

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Spice" Shave Soap / WWBW "Lagoon" ST Badger / RazoRock "Mamba 70"
Gillette Minora SS / Alum / Shulton "Old Spice" After Shave Lotion / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG-2874.jpg

Last edited:
Songs played over the composited scenes where the film's protagonist is down, beaten, dejected. But finds the inner strength to begin working back up, getting ready to "fight the bully", "right the wrong", "get the girl (guy) back" or "fix the mistake they've made".
Ha! I could see the jean jackets and leg warmers with the first song.

For a minute there, I thought I was painting an old community center to save it from the greedy developer father of the girl I love, thereby allowing for more and better breakdancing in the community.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Back