The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I’m not thing more interesting today would be if one of the women of rock singing at the UAP meeting!

Linda is still on my short list of artists I must see live. I know she's retired for medical reasons but that would be a major pin in my bucket list.

Gonna be a later post than normal today. Got my vehicle at the shop getting a new set of rollers. [emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]
I love the smell of my garage for months after the new tires show up! Crazy, I know...

Go treat yourself to a can of Spray-on Tire Wet!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Rollers as in tires or new wheels/rims?
Tires.. Sorry. I misspoke. But I may get some flashy rims too! 😎

giphy-downsized.gif

27 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A little late today. Got new tires for the ride and a lot less money in the bank now. Oh well. Needed them. Could almost see the air in the old ones! Getting some tunes rolling with the last "official" Pink Floyd album, The Endless River. Met with mixed reviews when released, I personally liked it. Here's the full album. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Maggard Razors and their "Limes & Bergamot" shave soap. Nice citrus scent with excellent lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Indian Old Spice "Fresh Lime" after shave splash & ALT Fragrances "Corsair Cologne" EdP (dupe of Creed "Viking Cologne").

Hope you have a great day. :)

Maggard Razors "Limes & Bergamot" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Old Spice "Fresh Lime" After Shave Lotion / ALT. Fragrances "Corsair Cologne" EdP

IMG-2779.jpg

28 July, 2023

It's finally Friday! Closing out the week with a couple of fiery cuts from the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughn. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave with which to end the workweek. Went back to Mondial and their "Mandarin & Spice" shave cream. Great spicy citrus scent! Nice strength as well (I like that) with a fantastic lather built with the Riva Brushes Al (13) Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Phoenix Shaving "META-4" and I finished with The Goodfellas Smile "Orange Empire" after shave splash and Acqua di Parma "Colonia Intensa" EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Mondial "Mandarin & Spice" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes Al (13) Manchurian Badger / PAA "META-4" Razor
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / The Goodfellas Smile "Orange Empire" After Shave Splash / AdP "Colonia Intensa" EdC

IMG-2784.jpg

The very first concert I ever attended was Huey Lewis and The News on the Sports tour at Irvine Meadows ampitheater.....and the opening act was Stevie Ray!!!! What a way to kick off a live show. He literally walked out on stage after they announced him and plugged in his own guitar...walked up to the microphone and said, "how ya all doin' tonight?" and then proceeded to rip our faces off with Texas Flood. My hair blew straight back. I bought his album the next day.

The very first concert I ever attended was Huey Lewis and The News on the Sports tour at Irvine Meadows ampitheater.....and the opening act was Stevie Ray!!!! What a way to kick off a live show. He literally walked out on stage after they announced him and plugged in his own guitar...walked up to the microphone and said, "how ya all doin' tonight?" and then proceeded to rip our faces off with Texas Flood. My hair blew straight back. I bought his album the next day.
That, my friend, is a simple story about a staggering event! 13.8 billion years in the universe, and you got to see that moment! Congratulations! Never shy away from sharing that story! It's up there with my mother seeing Elvis in 1956. She gets it, but really doesn't. You have a memory to treasure!!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

29 July, 2023

Rocking it out this Saturday with Mr. Big and their 1991 second album, Lean into It. Here's the full album. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Proraso blows me away with each use. Broke out the "Red" version today. Wonderful sandalwood scent that IMO is on par with AOS's sandalwood cream. Excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" ST Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Floid "Vigoroso" after shave splash & Creed "Silver Mountain Water" EdP.

Proraso Red Shave Cream / WWBW "Rosé Noir" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Floid "Vigoroso" After Shave Splash/ Creed "Silver Mountain Water" EdP

IMG-2790.jpg

30 July, 2023

Gettin' all refined this morning with what is my all-time favorite piece of classical music. Beethoven's Piano Concerto No.5 "Emperor". Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Martin de Candre "Agrumes" shave soap. Fantastic scent and excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Myrsol "Agua di Limón" after shave splash.

May not be around much tomorrow. Have dental surgery in the morning.

Martin de Candre "Agrumes" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" ST Badger / Rockwell 6S
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Myrsol "Agua di Limón" After Shave Splash

IMG-2799.jpg

Back