The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Man! Thanks for these links! I want to know all I can about these musicians!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

13 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Gettin' all soulful and romantic here at WMRK Internet Radio ("All Hits All The Time"®) with a couple from the inimitable Barry White. Hope you enjoy.

Budget-friendly shave today and it was stellar! Went with RazoRock's "Lime" triple-milled shave soap. Great scent strength off the puck and when lathered. The lather quality was excellent as well, built with the Semogue SOC Premium Boar brush. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 and I finished with some RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" after shave splash and Clubman "Citrus Musk" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

RazoRock "Lime" Shave Cream / Semogue SOC Premium Boar / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" After Shave Splash / Clubman "Citrus Musk" EdC

IMG-2691.jpg

14 July, 2023

It's finally Friday and today I'm closing out the week with a couple of more Motown bangers from the 60's. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. New soap day with the Grooming Dept. "Chypre D'Ananas". Great scent with a huge pineapple blast right off the top. Grapefruit slides in just under that with cedar and oakmoss playing more supporting roles. Excellent lather built with the Shavemac 120 ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with Myrsol "Agua De Limon" after shave splash and Paco Rabanne "1 Million" EdT.

Grooming Dept. "Chypre D'Ananas" Shave Soap / Shavemac 120 ST Badger / 60's Psycho Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Myrsol "Agua De Limon" After Shave Splash / Paco Rabanna "1 Million" EdT

IMG-2696.jpg

15 July, 2023

A couple from Synthwave artist Sunglasses Kid for your listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Went back Hendrix Classic & Co. and their excellent "Citrus Bomb" soap and splash set. Aptly named as this stuff is intense with wonderful notes of grapefruit, orange and other citruses exploding out of the tub. Wonderful lather as well, built with the Rich Man Shaving brush. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with the matching splash. No frag needed with this stuff. It's that strong!

HC&C "Citrus Bomb" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving 874 Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / HC&C "Citrus Bomb" After Shave Splash

IMG-2701.jpg

16 July, 2023

Some of Bowie's greatest hits for your Sunday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back with the "Rio de Janeiro" shave cream soap from Ariana and Evans. Great scent with a nice blend of tropical fruits and florals along with hints of rum and woods. Excellent lather built with the Semogue Galahad C3 premium boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" after shave splash and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

Ariana & Evans "Rio de Janeiro" Shave Soap / Semogue Galahad Premium Boar / 60's Psycho Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-2710.jpg

17 July, 2023

Some Kansas to ease you into Monday. More recent cuts from their 2016 album The Prelude Implicit. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back @Dragonsbeard / ETHOS Grooming Essentials and his "Bergamotto" soap & splash set from the Italia Collection. Great scent with a nice spicy citrus top and light florals. Excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with the matching skin food splash & lotion and Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bergamotto" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bergamotto" Skin Food Splash & Lotion / Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio" EdT

IMG-2716.jpg

18 July, 2023

Let's get some "Tuesday" tunes going this morning with a pair of songs from a couple of Rock & Roll legends. Hope you enjoy!

Man, superbly satisfying shave this morning! Sometimes the basics are the best. Went back to Proraso cream and splash on this hot, hazy & humid Tuesday and it was exactly what I needed. Fantastic lather built with the new Riva Manchurian ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Phoenix Shaving "META-4" and I finished with the matching splash and a spray Versace Man "Eau Fraiche" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Proraso Shave Cream / Riva Brushes ST Manchurian Badger / PAA "META-4" Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Proraso After Shave Splash / Versace Man "Eau Fraiche" EdT

IMG-2720.jpg

19 July, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a couple from The Creatures. This was a side project featuring singer Siouxsie Sioux and The Banshees drummer, Budgie. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Martin de Candre "Agrumes" shave soap. Great lemon / citrus scent with excellent lather built with the Semogue SOC badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S (plate 5) and I finished with Myrsol "Agua De Limón" after shave splash & Acqua di Parma "Colonia Essenza" EdC.

Martin de Candre "Agrumes" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Finest Badger / Rockwell 6S / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Myrsol "Agua De Limón" After Shave Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia Essenza" EdC

IMG-2725.jpg

20 July, 2023

A couple from New Jersey rockers, The Smithereens for your Thursday morning. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful, "lime-a-licious" today. Went back to the excellent "Lime" shave soap from Mike's Natural Soaps. Fantastic lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Phoenix Shaving "META-4" and I finished with some vintage Shulton Old Spice "Fresh Lime" after shave lotion and P&G "Old Spice" EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Mike's Natural Soaps "Lime" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST Badger / PAA "META-4" Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Shulton Old Spice "Fresh Lime After Shave Lotion / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG-2732.jpg

Back