The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Tony Levin really shines on the Stick on the three 80s King Crimson albums with him, Fripp, Bruford and Belew.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Tony Levin really shines on the Stick on the three 80s King Crimson albums with him, Fripp, Bruford and Belew.

Indeed! One of my top 3 favorite bassists along with Pino Palladino and Anthony Jackson.

10 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

We were talking about Tony Levin above and I had mentioned that he was one of my top 3, all-time favorite bassists, along with Pino Palladino and Anthony Jackson. And so today I have videos featuring all three of those cats. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave today. Went back to "Mélange d'Agrumes" from ETHOS Grooming Essentials. Great lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian ST badger brush. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 and I finished with the matching skin food splash and Sean John "Unforgivable" EdC. Great frag. A practically spot-on, budget-friendly dupe of Creed's "Imperial Millesime".

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'Agrumes" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes Manchurian ST Badger / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'Agrumes" Skin Food Splash / Sean John "Unforgivable" EdT

IMG-2671.jpg

You should check out Rick Beato's interview with Chuck Rainey on YouTube. It's very interesting.

You should check out Rick Beato's interview with Chuck Rainey on YouTube. It's very interesting.

I’ll do that. Love Rainey’s work as well. Especially with Steely Dan.

11 July, 2023

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Rocking out with a couple from Canadian rockers, Rush this morning. Here are a couple from their 1989 album, Presto. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave today! My order of "Mediterranean Man" arrived from Stirling and I used it this morning. Wonderful scent! The soap/splash is based on Creed's "Erolfa" and is a fantastic dupe. Excellent lather as well, whipped up with the Wild West Brushworks "Lagoon" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Gillette Super Adjustable 109 and I finished with the matching after shave splash and Creed "Erolfa" EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Mediterranean Man" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Lagoon" Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Mediterranean Man" After Shave Splash / Creed "Erolfa" EdP

IMG-2678.jpg

I watched the Wham! doc last night. So well done. The narration is done by Andrew and George (archival interviews for George). But it's so good. And the fact that Andrew's mom kept so many scrapbooks was amazing....wouldn't have been able to have half the pictures or video without that much early stuff.

12 July, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today we're hopping in the Wayback Machine to the 1960's with a couple from Motown greats, The Supremes. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. New soap day. The "Don José" soap by Abbate Y La Mantia arrived yesterday so I used it today. Softer than the other AYLM soaps I have, it's more of a croap, softer and very easy to load. Wonderfully refreshing scent of coconut and bananas, and a nice menthol kick, perfect for hotter weather. Excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes HMW ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with Czech & Speake "Cuba" after shave splash and cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Abbate Y La Mantia "Don José" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes HMW ST Badger / 60's Psycho Tech
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Czech & Speake "Cuba" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

IMG-2685.jpg

I prefer to think of those recordings as "James James Jamerson and Friends."[emoji1]

I prefer to think of those recordings as "James James Jamerson and Friends."[emoji1]

Have you seen the documentary "Standing in the Shadows of Motown"? If not, you should. Think you'd enjoy it.

Have you seen the documentary "Standing in the Shadows of Motown"? If not, you should. Think you'd enjoy it.

I've never heard of this, and now I must see it as soon as possible! Thank you for the tip!! You just made my week!

Back