The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

29 June, 2023

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Some music from the art-pop, new wave group Japan for your Thursday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! Went back to Cella shave soap and balm. Great classic Italian almond / marzipan scent and excellent lather whipped up with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the EJ 3ONE6 and I finished with the matching after shave balm and Penhaligon's "Sartorial" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Cella Original Almond Shave Cream / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Cella Original After Shave Balm / Penhaligon's "Sartorial" EdT

IMG-2600.jpg

It’s struck me that David of the band looks like Bowie/Annie Lennox mash up there 😎👍
You just described Nick Rhodes.

nick-rhodes-duran-41111267089.jpg

30 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A couple from Aerosmith to round out the workweek. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave to start the day. First use of the Uncle Jon's "Surf & Sand" soap. Super slick, thick and cushioning lather with excellent slip but I was a little disappointed with the scent. Very "beachy" yes, but I was hoping for something more old school suntan lotion. Looking for a little more coconut / tropical vibe. But, as stated, excellent lather for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with some Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" after shave splash and some Prada "Luna Rossa" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Uncle Jon's "Surf & Sand" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving ST Badger / 60's Psycho Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Prada "Luna Rossa' EdT

IMG-2610.jpg

1 July, 2023

Rocking out with Queensrÿche and their phenomenal concept album "Operation: Mindcrime". Hope you enjoy.

Late post. At the in-laws today for their annual Independence Day shindig, but I started the day with another wonderfully lime-a-licious shave, this time going with the Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" shave cream. Decadently luxurious lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST badger brush. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 and I finished with some RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" after shave splash and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

Hope you're having a great weekend. :)

Castle Forbes "Lime Essential Oil" Shave Cream / Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST Badger / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" After Shave Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-2618.jpg

2 July, 2023

A couple of "Sunday" songs today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to @Dragonsbeard and the "Shave MD" soap and splash from his Tribute Collection. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with the matching skin food splash and some Giorgio Armani "Aqcua di Gio" EdT.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Shave MD" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle Badger / 60's Psycho Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Shave MD" Skin Food Splash / Giorgio Armani "Acqua di Gio' EdT

IMG-2624.jpg

3 July, 2023

A couple from the great Peter Gabriel for your listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! New soap day with the Wholly Kaw "Hiatus". Great tropical scent with a nice rum kick that gives it a fruity, summery beverage vibe. Excellent lather built with the Badlands Shaving ST badger brush. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" splash and Perry Ellis "360° Red" EdT. Great frag. Very similar to "Acqua di Gio" and is a more budget-friendly alternative if you're wanting the AdG vibe without the higher price tag.

Wholly Kaw "Hiatus" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving "Underground Pool" Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Clubman Reserve "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Perry Ellis "360° Red" EdT

IMG-2631.jpg

Last edited:
Perry Ellis "360° Red" EdT. Great frag. Very similar to "Acqua di Gio" and is a more budget-friendly alternative if you're wanting the AdG vibe without the higher price tag.

Making a note of this info....and providing a huge thanks for said info.

5 July, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a couple from L.A. rockers L7. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Skipped yesterday's shave so today's was especially nice! Decided to go back to Stirling Soap Co. and their excellent take on Bleu De Chanel, "Deep Blue Sea". Two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with the matching after shave splash and some Chanel "Bleu De Chanel" parfum.

Stirling Soap Co. "Deep Blue Sea" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / 60's Psycho Tech / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Deep Blue Sea" After Shave Splash / Chanel "Bleu De Chanel' Parfum

IMG-2640.jpg

Back