The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

23 June, 2023

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Funky Friday" here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits, All The Time™)! And so here's triple play to get you up and grooving. Hope you enjoy!

Great end-of-the-workweek shave today! New soap from Abbate Y La Mantia, "Neroli Siciliano" arrived so I had to use it this morning. Fantastic soap and scent! Nice, soothing citrus floral notes and excellent lather whipped up with the Zenith "Chubby Scrubby" boar. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the EJ 3ONE6 and I finished with some AdP "Colonia" AS & EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Abbate Y La Mantia "Neroli Siciliano" Shave Soap / Zenith "Chubby Scrubby" Boar / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Acqua Di Parma "Colonia" After Shave Splash / Acqua Di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-2542.jpg

22 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

So, if you've watched the news at all today, you're familiar with what's currently going on in Russia and so here area couple of "Russian" songs for your Saturday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Phenomenal shave today! First use of the ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Rosa" soap and splash and I was completely blown away. Beautiful rose scent that isn't sweet or "perfumy" but almost dark in aspect. Reminds me of the "Bulgarian Rose" soap that one of the straight razor shops commissioned years ago. Super slick, thick and cushioning lather with excellent slip. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the 60's "Psycho Tech" and I finished with the matching skin food splash.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Rosa" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" ST Badger / 60's Psycho Tech
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Rosa" Skin Food Splash

IMG-2561.jpg

Remember how disturbed some were when "Back in the USSR" hit the airwaves? It was 1968 and there was a minor uproar over the "pro-Russia" song. 😆

25 June, 2023

Some music from the Mark Lettieri Group for your Sunday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! Went back to Martin de Candre and their "Agrumes" shave soap. Nice, bright citrus with lemon and tart grapefruit notes most prevalent. Very refreshing and with the PAA "Ice Cube" preshave soap, a nice menthol kick on this hot, humid day. Excellent lather whipped up with the Badlands Shaving "Parrothead" brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the EJ 3ONE6 and I finished with some ETHOS Grooming Essentials Personal Blend "Sicilian Lemon EO" Skin Food Splash.

PAA "Ice Cube Preshave Soap / Martin De Candre "Agrumes" Shave Soap / Badlands Shaving "Parrothead" ST Badger / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials Personal Blend "Sicilian Lemon EO" Skin Food Splash

IMG-2569.jpg

26 June, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A twofer this morning from English electro-rockers, Depeche Mode from their "Ultra" album. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Went back to Ariana & Evans and their "Rio de Janeiro" soap. Lovely tropical scent with notes of Grapefruit, guava and bergamot with hints of light florals atop a soft, woody base. Excellent lather built with the Rich Man Shaving ST badger brush. Two passes (+touch-up) and I finished with Murray and Lanman "Agua de Florida" cologne splash and Alexandria Fragrances "Tropical Night" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Ariana & Evans "Rio de Janeiro" Shave Soap / Rich Man Shaving 874 ST Badger / Imperium Shaving + RazoRock DE
Gillette Platinum / Murray and Lanman "Agua de Florida" Cologne / Alexandria Fragrances "Tropical Night" EdP

IMG-2573.jpg

27 June, 2023

Some music from the Fearless Flyers for your Tuesday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! Went back to Phoenix Shaving and their 4711 homage, "11235" shave soap. They pretty much nailed the scent. Excellent lather whipped up with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the EJ 3ONE6 and I finished with some Muelhens "4711" after shave splash and Creed "Himalaya" EdP.

Phoenix Shaving "11235" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Muelhens "4711" After Shave Splash / Creed "Himalaya" EdP

IMG-2585.jpg

28 June, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a couple from rocker Jinjer. Hope you enjoy.

A truly "lime-a-licious" shave today! Went back to @CBLSoap.com "Fresh Lime" shave soap. Wonderful lime scent and a nice menthol kick, perfect for this hot and humid day. Excellent lather whipped up with the Semogue SOC Premium Boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Gillette Super 109 and I finished with some vintage Shulton "Old Spice Fresh Lime" after shave lotion and Clubman "Citrus Musk" EdC.

CBL Soaps "Fresh Lime" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Premium Boar / Gillette Super Adj. 109 / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Shulton "Old Spice Fresh Lime" After Shave Lotion / Clubman "Citrus Musk" EdC

IMG-2592.jpg

Back